www issue

nike76

Guppy
Hello,

I have looked to no avail for this so I will post.

On the windows platform service I have / should be propagated by now 5 days and I keep getting my site to load and then it goes down then comes back up after 24 hrs.then goes down again. As well, www.mysite.com doesn't show the same information as mysite.com without the www like it is referencing 2 different IP addresses for some reason.

Does this issue sound familiar to anyone here...I can provide whatever info that is necessary to get this resolved I just don't want to post irrelevant info.

Thanks,
nike76

It sounds like you may have the wrong DNS servers in, if you have ns/ns2 and ns3/4 at the same time issues like this will happen.
I cna't tell you for sure without a domain name to lookup if you wish you can send me a private message with that information and I wil gladly check for you.

As Stephen said I did have both ns/ns2 and ns3/ns4 together. I have since changed this; now I will wait until they are propagated again to see the difference.

The "trace routes" are referencing correctly now but so seems the issue of not being able to login in to webshell on either www or mysite.com with no www. As well logging in to phpMyAdmin or anything else from the default page?

I can however log in through Control Panel features. Any fresh ideas?

Thanks,
nike76

These issues are all related to DNS propogation. Give it about 48 hours and it should be fine

2 things to do:

1) Make sure ns/ns2 and ns3/ns4 are not in at the same time.
2) Ask JodoHost to have the DNS Resynched.

This at least in my case resolved the issues.

Thanks for the fast replies and quick resolution!

That is good notes and if someone has similar issue then they will have good sucess in search :)

Back