Blackstone Released - When Will Jodo Upgrade?

It's the last of October now...Any idea when CFMX 7 will be available?...I've had sites running it at Crystal Tech for 6 months now for my company, it would be nice to run it here also.............?(

Now if we could only get support for BlueDragon 6.2 for J2EE Application Servers on Linux on shared hosting.

Yash said:
Wincf2 - will be deployed by the end of this month/start of December with CFMX7

Very nice to hear! If an account is on an mx 6.1 server and we wish to be moved to an mx 7 server, can such be done?

My site will be in cf mx, and I very much want to use mx 7. :)

Now to find out about mysql 4.1...

Move shoudl be possible, but not everyone can move :D

Now to find out about mysql 4.1...............don't tihnk so, its a broken mess, php doesn't even work with it.

Hi Steven,

What do you mean PHP doesn't work with it? I have it working fine locally, and at previous hosts I've been to... ?(

And, I'll have to keep updated so I can get in a move request before everyone tries to ;)

PHP 4 does not work with 4.1, as the authentication libraries are not compatible.

hi,

I thought there was an option to use the old auth methods? I have been on php4 hosts who have had mysql4.1 working just fine, so there must be some way it works.

Thanks for the update on CF. Please push for MySql 5.0... it opens a whole new level, and is easy to install initially. I am not sure how easy it is to upgrade, but Im sure its not too bad.

Thanks

We are not concerned about the installation, it is the integration that we are more concerned about with MySQL.

I understand that. I am sure you will figure it out. Or, if not can you deploy one MySql server with MySQL 5 for new databases only? Some of us have been waiting for MySQL to release the new features for a few years now and it is very disappointing to not be able to use them in the forseeable future in the jodohost environment. Speaking from at least one resellers point of view, my own, I pretty much expect it as a customer eventually. Jodsohost has been great so far (1 year customer), so I am sure someone out there is working on this, right?

I honestly don't know if Psoft is really trying hard to get this in place or not, if I knew something for sure I would share it, but I am in the same boat as you on MySQL5 or even PHP5 issues.

Hi Stephen,

I actually just emailed your sales team last week about this. I'm looking into your reseller plans and want to work with CF MX7. When I sign up, can I be setup in your test environment?

Thanks,
Derek.

Back