Cluster1 Hsphere Upgrade Detailed Notes

Win6 is complete now, Win2 and Win7 are still going, I am starting win9 now as well.

Win9 is completed, win11 will be starting soon.

We are foregoing reboots for now as it is during the daytime.

Win11 did not properly move to the new security schema for accounts and I have made a ticket for it, sites are still all up and operational, just not with the new methods.

Win12 is being updated now.

win7/10/12/13 are running updates now,Win11 software is updated but not with the new security settings, we will go back to this later.
All servers IIS is up and running.

I am also starting win17 now, the sheer number of files on the servers with more HD space it taking a long time to set permissions and we need to accelerate the pace. There have only been a handful isolated outages that are due to permissions being set that are self resolving and about 5 minutes at the very end of the update.

Win17 is done, win15 sites are being slow as the server is doing the upgrade process live and being slaughtered with requests still, making at least one asp.net site we have on monitoring to go down a bit. We are trying to manage this as well as possible while keeping all sites up, but it seems there is going to be some slower reply times on win15 until the update is complete.

Win15 is being excruciatingly slow on the IIS process right now, we are trying out best to keep it up and going while upgrades are running.

Win15 is mostly under control now but we will keep a close eye, win7 is also done now, win16 and Win18 will be starting upgrades soon.

Win15 we had to stop an application pool in order to keep it manageable, we will make every effort to bring this up ASAP but the key at the moment if for the upgrade to get done, they upgrade process is very resource intensive and this pool and the upgrade were causing the whole server to be near unusable.

Win16 and win18 are upgrading now.

in all, win13/14/15/16/18 are in upgrade processes now.

Permissions are still running on all these servers, we won't be adding any more to upgrade until these are done.

We have noted a few times that in the process it "forgets" to add permissons for a domain or two on the server, we give the server an overall check as it is going but it is not realistic to check even 50% of the domains manually. If you have password prompts on your site send a ticket and we will reset the permissions within the new schema and it will resolve the matter.

tried to start the pool on win15 that was making it slow and within 20 minutes it was extremely slow again, so I was forced to stop it once again. It will be up as soon as the update is done on win15

Back