dns's ip is old 64.x.x.x !!!

tedwang

Perch
Hi ~
the new dns ip are 204.14.104.232 & 204.14.105.197 , but when I ping our name server (ns.chung-mei.net & ns2.chung-mei.net) ,them still 64.156.222.76 ...??

why ?

So ,all of our customer's domain can't work ~~
Please help us to check it ~~

Thanks ~~

TedWang

You need to change the IPs at your registrar, like the email notices have been saying.

Looks like NS2 is updated, but NS is not, somehow.
I'm not entirely sure what's going on though, I got some strange responses in nslookup and dnsreport.com claims that no glue is provided for the nameservers, which are set to *.m****here.biz. If there's no glue, then IPs can't be wrong either :rolleyes:

So far I can't figure out where the old IP is coming from :(

Correct me if im wrong. But should you not actually put any ip's or things like that in the forum, cos it could allow some1 to trace you back to here. And losing your anonymity.

Becuase google will crawl the forum. And if somebody is looking to trace you, get ur IP address and google it, leading straight back to here.

I know that If I google my username the first result is this forum!!!!!

So, you may want to edit ur post.

If you want to hide the fact that you're reselling, no, you shouldn't post your IP. Nor your domain name for that matter ;)

tedwang said:
Hi ~
the new dns ip are 204.14.104.232 & 204.14.105.197 , but when I ping our name server (ns.chung-mei.net & ns2.chung-mei.net) ,them still 64.156.222.76 ...??

why ?

So ,all of our customer's domain can't work ~~
Please help us to check it ~~

Thanks ~~

TedWang

Hey, who is your registrar?

Try setting the A record for ns and ns2 and also try http://dnsstuff.com and tracert and ping the nameservers. See what you get. It could just be IP propagation.

It's too bad !!!!

It's about 10 hours ago ,Our DNS was been chaged to 204.XX.XX.XXX (ns.chung-mei.net & ns2.chung-mei.net) ,

But .................But ....Now, I ping the DNS again, they have turned into 64.xxx.xxx.xxx again !!!!!!!!!!!

Why ?

Now , all of our customer's web & mail can't been link......

I will be scolded very much by my executive soon ....

Please ....Please help me !!!!

Who is your registrar?

edit - nevermind, i got it. CheapDomain.com it is.

edit - did you set the A Record for ns and ns2? what do you see in cheapdomain for those 2 subdomains? The new 204.* ip addresses?

Dear Maverick1911 ~

The registrar of our domain(chung-mei.net) is heapDomain.com ..

But I had set it's dns to your reseller dns
dns.jpg

dns2.jpg

So, I had created 2 A recoard subdomain ......

Is it wrong my dns establish the way?

Thank you for your help ~

try this.

set the nameservers of chung-mei.net to that of heapDomain.com

set the ip addresses for the ns.chung-mei.net and ns2.chung-mei.net with the one you see in your hsphere control panel

could you send me a picture of the subdomain configuration?

Dear Maverick1911 ~

I post my dns information with some picture again~

Thank you for your assistance very much !!

dns.jpg

dns2.jpg

dns3.jpg

dns4.jpg

dns5.jpg

Dear Maverick1911 ~

All of the settings in registrar just Nameserver ....
There are not any other settings value in registrar .

dns2.jpg

Please help more ~~ ;(

No my friend.

You will need to create 2 sub domains, not set the nameservers to that.

Do you see a section called Domain Host Summary, if you do, click there and add ns and ns2 and put the IP addresses. That is what you need to do.

Hope it helps. I have to run out right now, so please contact LiveChat

tedwang, you are looking in the wrong spot, you need domain hosts summary.

I am attaching a file with the relevant info, you need to click the plus sign next to domain hosts summary(at the BOTTOM) and then it will give you an option add or modify the name.

Attachments

• godaddydomainhosts.jpg
    godaddydomainhosts.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 25
No, this is not a problem on our DNS, this is just a simple edit of the domain hosts summary to fix the issue.

Stephen said:
No, this is not a problem on our DNS, this is just a simple edit of the domain hosts summary to fix the issue.

Yess,

You are right, he's should edit the domain and name server/IP at the domain registrar.

Thanks.... :D

Back