http referer gone bad...

I checked MAKhosting.com style sheet configuration. Same as winnersrecords.com and I believe on the same server...

windows server.

of course, the ftp host for makhosting is web.makhosting.com and winners is win2...

but the css code for makhosting.com is:

<link href="css/text" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<link href="css/links" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

and it works fine...

If we cannot get this to work today, I will have to switch the site back over to my other server because my client might get a little upset about the site looking funny.

So, let me know what you intend to do so i can make the changes asap if needed...

Michael.. we are going to try our best to solve this at the soonest. To be safe, you could switch your name servers back to the old servers till it is solved

MAKhosting said:
Ah i see. well that wasnt as confusing as it should have been. why doesnt tyhe documentation just say that! grrr.... maybe i just have a short term memory problem and yeah. anyways.

winnersrecords.com css is called by a standard css TAG in the <head> of the document...

CODE:

<link href="css/white-text" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<link href="css/links" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

I'm assuming that the CSS files are called "css/white-text.css" and "css/links.css" If that is the case then you're not properly linking to them with the link tag. You have to include the extention of the file.

<link href="css/white-text.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<link href="css/links.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

hatton said:
I'm assuming that the CSS files are called "css/white-text.css" and "css/links.css" If that is the case then you're not properly linking to them with the link tag. You have to include the extention of the file.

<link href="css/white-text.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

I appreciate the help... However, there is no need to use the file extensions because the browser can interpret the coding without them. However, including them doesnt hurt, but does not solve this problem. I have tried adding the extensions and also everything else you can think of. I tried drinking my coffee a different way while creating the style sheet. Still no go.

The code I use works fine on any other server except jodo's. so there is some form of error on the hosting side we need to fix...

I am not 100% correct in my methods and it is possible that this could be my error somehow. If anyone has any suggestions I would really apprectiate it. Thanks for trying.

Michael

What we are going to try doing is shift you to Win4 or maybe back to Win1 and see if CSS works there. We have customers using CSS on both these servers

Yash said:
Michael

What we are going to try doing is shift you to Win4 or maybe back to Win1 and see if CSS works there. We have customers using CSS on both these servers

Ok, do whatever your hearts desire. let me know how it works out. I have already transfered winners DNS to the other server though so winnersrecords.com no longer points to reseller MAKhosting dns.... you need to use the instant access url for testing that on your servers....

mak,

If it helps you out at all... http://makhosting.com and http://www.makhosting.com both propagate for me (in the US.)

And, as far as I know, you need the file extensions. Your files in your css folder are named 'text' and 'links'. You should have no problem if you rename the files text.css and links.css and then call them like that in your link statement...

<link href="css/text.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

I use css all the time with jodohost without any problem.

Brent

Yes, we corrected this error. Makhosting.com was previously pointing to an incorrect IP

I believe soundcompanies is on Win2, the same server you are on Michael. There shouldn't be any problems at all. Try setting up a different domain in that account and using css

Back