Invision Portal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drew is here in his capacity as a forum leader. He worked on the reorganisation of this forum and is even thinking about making a new skin. I see him as a great designer and coder and that's why I feel and continue to feel that he could make this forum better. I myself nor Atul don't have much time to administrate this forum and I think he is doing a great job.

I don't want to comment on ASPInvision and his customer support but I would like to clarify that he plays no role in JodoHost as such (except for the forum). And as I said before, it will remain our policy that no post from this forum will be deleted by Atul, Drew or myself.

Ron said:
If he deletes threads from his forum, he obviously doesn't respect customer opinion the way JodoHost does.

The only threads i have deleted on my website are those that are personal attacks against myself (and others) and not attacks against ASP Invision.

People have been repeatedly posting attacks against myself and those should be between myself and the other person. There was no need for the person to post in a public forum and it was also against the forum rules. So the thread was deleted.

As for the "poor support" i have no idea where that is coming from. I read/reply on the forums 7 days a week without taking a day off. When people post in the Support Forum, i reply a.s.a.p. with the answer (if someone hasn't posted already). Also i have stopped charging for support as of the Jan 1st 2004 and it is now offered to everyone at no extra cost. So when people say "poor support" i often find that the person has posted in the right forum (and i over look it) or they have never even tryed to get support and just say i don't offer it.

Drew said:
.. I read/reply on the forums 7 days a week without taking a day off....

?? Drew, some time ago you posted at aspinvison forums "I will be gone tell (sic) the 17th". Don't get me wrong Drew! I know that you try to do your best and are entitled to days off like everyone else. The thing is that you make clear when you're not there, which is fine with me.

eko said:
?? Drew, some time ago you posted at aspinvison forums "I will be gone tell (sic) the 17th". Don't get me wrong Drew! I know that you try to do your best and are entitled to days off like everyone else. The thing is that you make clear when you're not there, which is fine with me.
eko that was the only time i was actually away from the website. I had a family trip to go on. Everyone takes a few days off. If anyone has a problem with taking a few days off out of the year, then dam, im sorry.

But during that time i had apointed some moderators to look over the website and try and answer everyones questions. So even when i was gone, people where still getting help.

Drew said:
eko that was the only time i was actually away from the website. I had a family trip to go on. Everyone takes a few days off. If anyone has a problem with taking a few days off out of the year, then dam, im sorry.

But during that time i had apointed some moderators to look over the website and try and answer everyones questions. So even when i was gone, people where still getting help.

Drew, as mentioned in my post I think that you're entitled to days off. I only was trying to make clear that the statement you made could be misunderstood.

This is the one thing that I think everyone is talking about. Drew jumps on everyone. This was not a question on how to rip on Drew this was a question on the experience of that product. Sometimes Drew comes across as being defensive. Eko never blamed you for taking time off he merely just commented on that. We call this constructive criticism. Learn to take it well, you will be a better person for it.

shamrox said:
This is the one thing that I think everyone is talking about. Drew jumps on everyone. This was not a question on how to rip on Drew this was a question on the experience of that product. Sometimes Drew comes across as being defensive. Eko never blamed you for taking time off he merely just commented on that. We call this constructive criticism. Learn to take it well, you will be a better person for it.

I was not jumping on anyone and i was not being defensive against anyone.

I was just saying, even when im gone, there are people around to provide support. Just trying to back myself up and proving that even when im gone people still get support and help.

SadMan said:
Please have a look at these links.
http://www.soopportal.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1510&KW=hacksoop
http://www.soopportal.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1517&get=last#14335

Would anyone want to be involved with these type of people? How sad that someone who has an obvious talent can stoop so low. Makes you wonder what he would do if you upset him (easily done)to your own portal.

This is really sad. MadDog (Drew) said he was turning over a new leaf but that only lasted about a week. The folks at Soop Portal claim that Drew hacked their site and they say they have log files to prove it. They have notified their web host and believe that the web host will take action.

I am very uncomfortable with Drew being an admin here at JodoHost. Very uncomfortable. I don't know why Yash wants his company associated with this type of person.

brawney said:
This is really sad. MadDog (Drew) said he was turning over a new leaf but that only lasted about a week. The folks at Soop Portal claim that Drew hacked their site and they say they have log files to prove it. They have notified their web host and believe that the web host will take action.

I am very uncomfortable with Drew being an admin here at JodoHost. Very uncomfortable. I don't know why Yash wants his company associated with this type of person.

They can say that all they want, but the fact is i did not. If you also search around they also believe that other members are also me. They jump to conclusions way to easy.

Drew said:
They can say that all they want, but the fact is i did not. If you also search around they also believe that other members are also me. They jump to conclusions way to easy.
Of course you would say that. One of the easiest ways is to create another user account, stir up trouble and then deny everything it sorta follows your profile. You aint the brightest around but not even a beginer would log in under their usual name. Time will tell. Log files are pretty accurate I would say.
After all it is pretty clear that a community developing a free portal in direct competition to your paid one is a threat and therefore needs to be discredited.

SadMan said:
Of course you would say that. One of the easiest ways is to create another user account, stir up trouble and then deny everything it sorta follows your profile. You aint the brightest around but not even a beginer would log in under their usual name. Time will tell. Log files are pretty accurate I would say.
After all it is pretty clear that a community developing a free portal in direct competition to your paid one is a threat and therefore needs to be discredited.

You can think that all you want. But i know the truth.

I didnt do it.

I've received a few PMs and emails about Drew today, just to clarify again.

Drew has no access to our servers, customer support system or customer records. He's here as a forum administrator. You don't have to worry about him having access to any of your information.

We have a dedicated staff of professionals for customer support. Drew is not a part of this staff.

Yash said:
I've received a few PMs and emails about Drew today, just to clarify again.

Drew has no access to our servers, customer support system or customer records. He's here as a forum administrator. You don't have to worry about him having access to any of your information.

We have a dedicated staff of professionals for customer support. Drew is not a part of this staff.

What kind of business does he have with you guys. All I am asking is if you are getting pm's about Drews relationship with jodohost and you keep him as an Admin then it must mean that you have a business relationship with him. If I was running a business where a ton of people where upset with an Admin then I would remove that Admin. I don't know just my 2 cents.

shamrox said:
What kind of business does he have with you guys. All I am asking is if you are getting pm's about Drews relationship with jodohost and you keep him as an Admin then it must mean that you have a business relationship with him. If I was running a business where a ton of people where upset with an Admin then I would remove that Admin. I don't know just my 2 cents.

The only reason why people are upset is because there are those 1 or 2 people starting false rumors and the other people believe them.

They are all rumors that people just start just to make me look bad. People need to grow up and stop spreading these ridicules rumors.

Drew has decided to resign.

Just to clarify, the only business relationship we had with Drew was when we used to purchase advertising space from his website. We got to know him over time and he offered to administer this forum. He did a good job but I don't think he wants to work here if people are against him

Yash said:

Just to clarify, the only business relationship we had with Drew was when we used to purchase advertising space from his website. We got to know him over time and he offered to administer this forum. He did a good job but I don't think he wants to work here if people are against him
Yash, with such controversy surrounding this person I don't know why you would want him working for you. I can't imagine his contribution to the forums was so great that it was worth it to keep your company associated with such a controversial figure, especially since he had admin rights here on the forum.

Yash said:

Sad to see someone put off and run out of town (so to speak) by a single comment or thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back