IP Justification

DirtBag said:
I have the ability to use IPv6 on my cell phone/PDA :) Sony Ericsson P800 R2F
but I'm not sure if my ISP provides me with a 4 or 6 IP though

IPv4 for sure, unless you get both an IPv4 and an IPv6 IP.

I am kinda confused by all this. I guess since I am on the windows package (the cheapest) I am on shared, right? Is this something I need to worry about?

jag5311 said:
I am kinda confused by all this. I guess since I am on the windows package (the cheapest) I am on shared, right? Is this something I need to worry about?

Your package comes with 1 free dedicated IP, but unless you explicitly enabled usage of the dedicated IP for your website you don't have anything to worry about and don't need to do anything.

How can we do the Justification if we can't login, it just gives the errors below.

Warning: pg_pconnect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: Password authentication failed for user "wwwuser" in /home/hsphere/local/home/rajneesh/ipdatabase.jodoshared.com/Library/PostgresDatabase.php on line 46

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsphere/local/home/rajneesh/ipdatabase.jodoshared.com/Library/PostgresDatabase.php:46) in /home/hsphere/local/home/rajneesh/ipdatabase.jodoshared.com/DoLogin.php on line 63

Hi craig

Sorry for not getting back to that. There is an issue with the databse connection of the forum due to new security settings in place. We plan to correct that by the end of this week

There is no necessity you justify till then

Yash said:
Hi craig

Sorry for not getting back to that. There is an issue with the databse connection of the forum due to new security settings in place. We plan to correct that by the end of this week

There is no necessity you justify till then

Still seems to be messed up.

craigs said:
Still seems to be messed up.

craigs, don't worry about this. We'll have the form fixed up shortly and till then no customer or reseller needs to worry about IP justification

Pardon my ignorance but what are the benefits of using Dedicated IP over Shared IP?
The only benefit I can think of is that one can access the website using both domain name and IP. Isn't It?
For example if my domain www.mydomain.com is mapped to this dedicated IP 192.168.0.1 then anybody typing domain name or IP in the browser will get my site.

Yes, you are correct. Using either one will open up your website.

Also, please start a new thread, if you are talking on a different topic.

Back