Mail Down and resolved only 24 hours later

you VPs is now working properly:
http://64.187.104.26/

Edit, you surely can restart it, you have full admin permissions :)

Jmail just required an IIS reset, which you can also do, just login to remote desktop and go to start, run, type cmd

at the command prompt type: iisreset

Hi Stephen,

You're still the most prompt technical support compared to the support that I'll have to wait via Ticket Submission.

At the VPS Plesk Login (https://64.187.104.26:8443/), there's this error

Application Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration.

Contact your Hosting Provider

Please report this problem to the technical support.

Now my websites are up, I'm not so urgent about Plesk login now. You can take your time with the above. I don't know if I should continue with VPS actually... please advise me.

Patrick, PLEASE PLEASE submit to the proper support desk it will speed up all your VPS tickets.

The forums are NOT the proper channel, and cerberus is not either. I know you were a reseller and got used to sending there, but the support desk for VPS is different, I have been trying to tell you this the whole thread. the FASTEST way for you to get support, is to send to the jodovps support desk, login to your hsphere billing login, submit a ticket, or send to support AT jodovps.com and it will come to a special support desk, submitting here also helps me to build a FAQ I am working on for common issues resolutions.

Plesk is a simple matter, start the service in plesk service manager, I will do that for you as well, but long term you need to know how to do this stuff, it takes only a short time but learning it will be faster than even submitting a ticket, then if you get stuck, send a ticket and we will aid you.

Edit: btw plesk is up now.

I know there won't be much support for VPS in future as I'm not familiar with VPS and it's impossible to put my clients' website at risk of downtime without timely technical support. Actually, pressing restart or detecting downtime by ourselves may seem easy for you, but for non-server administrator, its sheer luck that today I can detect and ask for help so timely because today is public holiday and I don't have to go to work.

Not sure VPS is for you then. Perhaps the shared environment was ok, you just needed to fix your website apps to eliminate defacing? ?(

Hi,

I refer to RS #GUW-30666-154.

"Hello Patrick,

We have migrated your VPS

But we found on your VPS things that are not allowed
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\*settings\torrent*\sqlserver.exe

You have torrent installed on the VPS and the exe causes lot of damage on the VSP servers hence we have renamed the folder and the exe file as below
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\*settings\torrentTOSVIOLATION*

Do not attempt to change this and we shall be keeping a close watch on this VPS. If we find anything then your VPS will be stopped. Attached are the screen shots for the files found on your VPS. Kindly remove them at the earliest."

If you want to see what are the files that I'm supposed to remove from the above, see here:
1) www.consultancy.com.sg/VPS_274_Torrentfiles.jpg
2) www.consultancy.com.sg/VPS_274_Torrentfiles2.jpg

I didn't install any torrent files / applications in the VPS server. I think this is an issue that we must discuss because:

1) I didn't install any torrent files / applications

2) I've wrote in the forum that my VPS server is facing problems when I didn't touch it at all e.g. stopping a service or server down

3) Someone must be accessing or have access to the VPS server and playing pranks with it (e.g. torrent files i.e. Alias, Ice, Explosiv, all German dubbed). I'm not a German and I don't download torrent or use VPS as the proxy server, etc.

If you investigate your log files, I'm not sure if you can catch the culprit. But it must be either a staff or a VPS customer who installed it in my VPS.

Looking at the dates of these torrent files, I think there's a possibility that it's the cause of my frequent VPS server problems which is highlighted in this forum. I don't know if installing firewall helps but if it's someone playing pranks and getting away with it whereas I'll get the blame, please investigate and do the necessary.

I'm not the first time using a VPS service. The other host always had unresolveable down time for 1 - 2 days and my customers jumped at me and it just make me sad. When the server was down with the previous host, no one will reply to my call and email.

For jodohost, the onus of ensuring server uptime lies with the customer. I'm not having much problems with this onus because my customers are always behind my back and watching me. So I'll know when the server is down. The issue is that when I'm not accessing the Plesk or doing anything, it still goes down and the onus of ensuring that the problem is solved lies with me. And when I report a problem, it takes 24 hours again to solve it and I'm blamed for not being experienced and for having my websites defaced.

Patrick,

Insecure web apps can allow uploads to come this is not us, we do not provide a fully managed VPS service.

Most of the time the resolution is simply restarting the services, you have no idea how often we have to do it, actually you can see the network status forum, we post it most every time :D

Back