.NET 2.0 Framework

Same opinion here.
I was about to setup about of 50 websites, custom parked pages using an application on asp.net 2.0.
With the $0.50 per domain, I have dropped the idea.
It makes no sense in any way.

Same here. I was ready to shift almost everything over, but the price increase would be 2x more then what I pay now for hosting, which is 1/2 the cost what I used to pay for dedicated, lol.

I may move over one domain here this holiday weekend to test it out.

Good point Sean, I don't think it is logical to charge a cost for something like this. It really is something the hosting company MUST do rather than a "new service".

I can't imagine a hosting company would keep their Windows hosting customers very long (or attract new ones) without providing this. It's not really considered by the customer as something "extra", like extra IP addresses, but as a requirement.

Just my opinion of course.

Please see this post http://support.jodohost.com/showpost.php?p=34800&postcount=2 for some explanation of why they are charging 50 cents. It apparently requires more work right now to setup per domain.

I know other hosts are already providing this service. I imagine that there are many-many more hosts that are not providing it yet. JH is taking the extra step to provide the service right now for a low fee and will eliminate the fee once its a mainstream feature throughout their systems. They could just say they're not going to support it yet. This solution seems like a good compromise.

Homer, fair comment. I appreciate that point of view.

To be honest the .50 is no problem for me personally so long as it is removed later. I guess we are really moving into the "how does JH compare to other hosts" territory now, i.e. getting 2.0 up and running, that's a tangent I don't really care for.

Thanks.

Homer,

I read it the same as you. I am also in the service industry and understand the cost. The cost should not be reaccuring (sp?). When a software package upgrades do they charge you a monthly fee? No they might charge an upgrade fee but not a monthy fee. If Jodo wants to beta test this out that is fine....pick a couple of good customers and let them test it out at no charge, but to tell people that they are working out the kinks and still charge is kind of funny.

I am not saying that I am not happy with jodohost. Over the last couple of months they have been as stable as any other host that I have had, and I am happy with the support. I am just saying that they keep on adding costs and it won't be the cheapest option around.

Well said, thats exactly I mentioned :D

BTW, which is/are the available servers supporting asp.net 2.0 ?
I remember I saw Win13 somewhere, but it does not appear on my reseller panel to be added.
Or was it Win12 ?

fischermx said:
BTW, which is/are the available servers supporting asp.net 2.0 ?
I remember I saw Win13 somewhere, but it does not appear on my reseller panel to be added.
Or was it Win12 ?

It is Win2.

May be it's time to replace hsphere, look at http://www.crystaltech.com/ctcontrol.aspx

(CrystalTech Web Hosting Inc's Control Center is the leading web site management interface in the hosting industry. Using it customers are provided with nearly 100% online management of their web hosting accounts, including multiple site management, mail management, access to web site statistics, and countless other features.
In addition, the Control Center is built to be reseller friendly, allowing customers to venture into Private Label Hosting and giving them the tools they need to make their businesses as successful and profitable as possible. Customers deserve as much management of their sites as possible, and the Control Center gives you that and more.)

We are dedicated to JodoHost, but we need functionality also.
And I think JodoHost Developers and SysAdmins are smart enough to provide it.

We have had ASP.NET 2 available for a couple months now outside of hsphere with a ticket request.

Funny how all control panels say they're "the leading web site management interface in the hosting industry" :p

It is not really possible for us to migrate control panels, we have MANY MANY users on hsphere, once you are this large it is really hard to just switch, even if there is something better.

I don't see anything better than hsphere on the market now, if we did anything it would be in-house, nothing else meets the needs we have for shared, reseller, and soon vps and dedicated servers like hsphere does right now.

Well I am back, and in need of asp.net 2.0 on my domains (3). What do I need to do in order to have 2.0 on my account?

You need to open a ticket and tell them the domains you want on 2.0.....if it is an old server you might be in trouble....only the new servers have 2.0 on them.

Ok, I just re-signed up for my hosting, so Im thinking I may be on a new server.. I gotta open a ticket :) Thanks!

Yeah, I ended up at SM then moved to SL. Ended up back here, because I got the news that my wife is pregnant. So we're back to saving monies :)

Back