network issue

yes I know, the node is up but the network is not passing traffic at all :( I am working on a switch change now.

The Network Outages thread says one or more switches are not working - maybe we're getting close.

I hope Stephan/Jodo follow up on this with some info on what might be done to protect against this in the future.

still having an issue with dns server answering even though it is up on the console node.

thanks everyone for input, directions, questions etc. I really enjoy having customer feedback even in the hard times like today.

Yes there was a bit of a chain of events, and one thing triggered the rest. i will release it all publicly but in a document sometime tomorrow after I've relaxed and let my heart settle from this, but it boiled down to the 2nd circuit I used was in the panel on the wrong phase of power by the electrician. the subpanel is actually a multi breaker panel fed from the UPS. At the UPS the subpanel breaker set tripped because of this circuit I moved to last night being on the wrong phase overloaded one of the 3 phases, and it caused them all to trip.

With my approval the elecrician put blank breakers in the remaining spots in the panel so that a phase cannot be overloaded like that again.

This was NOT US overloading our circuits, we run at 80% or less spec, it was due to the panel breaker hookup being on the wrong phase to begin with, since we are not elecrictians we do not generally double check their work but I think I will ask and verify in future circuit installs in any case!

We are still down. Are things still being fixed? Can't tell from the forum if all is assumed fixed or not but our sites still won't load. Www.flitelab.com for example. Looks like no SQL connection?

Should not be down there, do you have a ticket ID?

The only server still with an issue is the MAIL4 CL2 one.

Actually there is an issue with the mail sending on the ticket desk as well.

The site is now up and running it was the mssql database were recovering and causing a some load on the server which is now stable. The sites should run fine.

It seems it is actually coming and going, and seeing aobut 15% packetloss between win15 and mssql7 where it is, in addition to this seeing packetloss between myself and win15, so seems win15 nic may be the one with packet loss!

Back