New WebMail Interface

Smartermail would require a complete change in servers (to Windows too) as it is not just a standalone webmail client.

From what I've seen on another host, SmarterMail anti-spam has some major issues.

eehost, mail.domain.com would redirect to the proper place, but can't directly have webmail on it, it could have links like now that go to the right location however :)

Stephen said:
eehost, mail.domain.com would redirect to the proper place, but can't directly have webmail on it, it could have links like now that go to the right location however :)

That would be great! As long as current functionality isn't changed. :D

Today, I'm getting this (more than once) from DW Mail:

"There was an error connecting to your mail server. Your server reported: Connection failed to mail.jodoshared.com,143: Connection timed out"

DW Mail issue or mail server issue?

Mail server has limit on IMAP connections so does POP3 have. Probably it was hit, so i'm increasing it now.

I received the same error multiple times today.

There was an error connecting to your mail server. Your server reported: Connection failed to mail.jodoshared.com,143: Connection reset by peer

Is this something we will need to live with by having the new mail server?

Adam

I believe that it can be a good option
although I do not like :laser: the safety code

I have some questions

1) do I would like to know if this interface DW MAIL can be a multilanguage?
2) the users can change its password?
3) the interfaces horde and Squirrelmail will continue?

1) do I would like to know if this interface DW MAIL can be a multilanguage?

It can be but needs a language pack, not many are available. I will try to get the pack for people to translate it so we can add them to the system.

2) the users can change its password?

This is not possible in any of the webmail apps, so no it won't be in DWMail either.

3) the interfaces horde and Squirrelmail will continue?

Yes

For password change there is an option always available "Change your POP3 password" at mail.domain.com. This will continue to be available for now at new index page.

OK, I, myself like DWMail quite well, however most of our customers are in China and there are quite a few issues with DWMail and the Chinese language.

1) Suddenly emails which are said as being sent never arrive within the same domain

2) Translations into Simplified Chinese are pretty bad

3) Log on issues if coming from a Chinese Windows ...

All our Chinese clients use now Squirrelmail as it has the same functionality than DWMail in terms of language support without the hick-ups of DWMail... and I am pretty sure our clients would be very unhappy if we remove the Squirrelmail option...

Just my 2 cents worth.

I'm reconfiguring my client's DNS settings as per Yash's guidelines earlier for branding the new DWMAIL webmail server (set a CNAME record for e.g. mail.domain.com to point to the new dwmail server by name or IP).

However, I'm a bit confused (and not seeing the result I was hoping for -- when I try mail.domain.com I still get to the old page with the choice of mail clients).

The new CNAME record presumably replaces the existing CNAME record that used to point e.g. to a mailx.jodoshared.com server, right? But my client's MX record still points to a mailx.jodoshared.com server -- do I need to mess with that, or leave it as is?

Yash, you'd mentioned that further instructions on this were to be posted soon -- any chance you could do so?

No you dont need to change MAIL.domain, but make webmail.domain.com
Changing mail.domain.com may make their mail quit functioning at all.

Hm. So, I tried adding a secondary CNAME pointing webmail.domain.com to hspheremail.info. The new CNAME took just fine (I even let it sit and mellow for 12 hours or so, just to give it time to "take"), but all I get when I try to hit it is a server error about the webmail.domain.com virtual directory not allowing directory browsing.

Now, if I ping the newly created CNAME that's supposed to point to hspheremail.info, it nevertheless still resolves to the IP for my main *.domain.com. If, on the other hand, I ping the old mail.domain.com CNAME it resolves to the IP for the shared mailserver that I'm on (mail4.jodoshared.com). That would seem to indicate that the newly added CNAME it's not being processed correctly by the DNS server, no?

Hm. So, I tried adding a secondary CNAME pointing webmail.domain.com to hspheremail.info. The new CNAME took just fine (I even let it sit and mellow for 12 hours or so, just to give it time to "take"), but all I get when I try to hit it is a server error about the webmail.domain.com virtual directory not allowing directory browsing.

I've done the same (except I pointed to the IP address 64.187.103.185) and get a server not found error.

Is DWmail customisable, so we can get rid of the DWmail logo, and replace it with our own logo? I can't seem to find any info on that.

EDIT - Just found it;

Branding Free Option - add ?50 per license
The branding free option allows you to remove all Dominion Web / DWmail references from the public facing product)

Try an A record like:
webmail.your-service-domain.com -> 64.187.103.185

Tanmaya, thx, that works

Final question, then: should I still leave the CNAME record webmail.your-service-domain.com -> hspheremail.info even though it seems a bit redundant with the new A record handling things?

CNAME isnt required. For redundancy, you need multiple NS or multiple destination servers and not same record multiple times.

when will the security code on dwmail be removed? I'd like to have clients start using the DWmail system, but the security code won't cut it. takes too much time to figure out what the letter and numbers are and retype it if the user is wrong.

Back