No response from Sales regarding domain transfer

Dave

Perch
I tried transferring a domain from another registrar to JodoHost about April 26 or 27. I received an e-mail with a link and a key that would allow me to confirm the transfer. After doing so, I recieved an automated response indicating a problem with the transfer (including the possibility it was locked). I unlocked the domain, and tried the link and key again, but got an error saying I already used the link (or some such thing). I waited a few days in case the process would proceed anyway now that the domain was unlocked. Nothing happened, except for getting notices from the other registrar to renew before it expired.

On May 4, I sent an e-mail to JH sales (as suggested in the e-mail) indicating the above situation, and asking what I needed to do to complete the transacation. I received no reply.

On May 9, I re-sent the e-mail, indicating I received no response to the issue and my domain was going to expire. To date I have received no reply whatsoever.

This seems like a lot of effort for something that seems to me should be an easy process. I don't understand my requests for assistance being totally ignored. Doesn't seem like JodoHost Sales is particularly interested in selling me a domain registration, even though I have already paid for it 2 weeks ago.

Don't email sales, email [email protected]
If you email sales, the email goes to a different location

Please email again and I'll follow up on it immediately. All you need to do is re-request the domain transfer and ask for amount you paid for the last transfer to be credited to the new transfer

OK, I can do that. Wonder why Sales just didn't forward the e-mail to billing instead of ignoring it? It didn't seem like a billing problem, that's why I contacted Sales as listed in the e-mail, which I did after clicking on the Tech Support link http://www.jodohost.com/help.htm which wasn't any help either as it is a dead link.

Someone needs to review the process, and that automated e-mail.

I'll forward my request to billing now.

Thanks!

Yash said:
Please email again and I'll follow up on it immediately. All you need to do is re-request the domain transfer and ask for amount you paid for the last transfer to be credited to the new transfer
I am continuing to have problems getting my domain transferred. I followed your advice, and seemed to get a little further. However there is a problem with getting credited for my payment. I sent another e-mail to billing on the 13th indicating a credit problem. After no response for 2 days, I sent another e-mail on the 15th indicating I could still not complete the transfer due to not being credited properly. I can only activate my transfer if I pay a second time.

Since billing has not fixed this issue, and have not responded to my last 2 e-mails, could I get this issue looked at?

Thank you.

Dave

I'm very sorry this has not been look into
I'm forwarding this thread to billing and will follow up on it

Support has answered your ticket. Here I would like to clarify:

1. When a domain transfer request fails, the payment made stays in your domain account. This amount you can later use for another domain transfer or for a new domain registration.

2. If you make a refund request from in your domain account this does not automatically refund to your paypal or 2checkout account. However this will deplete your domain account by requested amount. In order to acutally receive this refund customer should send an email to [email protected] with details.

3. Not related, a domain registration paid using paypal is activated right away. For 2checkout payments, payment is credited manually to your domain account first and then domain is activated.

atulkumar said:
Support has answered your ticket. Here I would like to clarify:

1. When a domain transfer request fails, the payment made stays in your domain account. This amount you can later use for another domain transfer or for a new domain registration.

2. If you make a refund request from in your domain account this does not automatically refund to your paypal or 2checkout account. However this will deplete your domain account by requested amount. In order to acutally receive this refund customer should send an email to [email protected] with details.

3. Not related, a domain registration paid using paypal is activated right away. For 2checkout payments, payment is credited manually to your domain account first and then domain is activated.
There was no ticket on this issue, as I was sending e-mails directly. To date I have not seen a response from Billing or Support since my last e-mail of the 15th, so other than what you are saying here, I don't know what's happening. I tried to go to the Domain Registration login page to see if my domain has transferred or if I finally received the lost credit, but I get the following error and cannot confirm what has happened:

Server Error
The following error occurred:

Code:
 The server response could not be read because of an error. Contact your system administrator.[/color] 

In response to your 3 points:
#1, this is what I was told by Yash previously in this thread, but it is not what happened. 
#2, I did not request a refund so this does not apply to me. 
#3, I made the payment 2 weeks prior to my first e-mail on the problem, so this was not an issue.
[/b]

I tried getting to the Domain Registration page again after the last post, and was successful. So I guess the above mentioned problem was temporary. However, it still says payment is pending, so I have no idea what is going on. Guess I'll wait to see if there is an actual response coming via e-mail. I don't know what happens if my domain name expires while if the transfer is stuck in this process. I started the transfer process more than 30 days before the expiry date, as I assumed it wouldn't take that long to transfer.

I don't know what it was I was supposed to check. In any case, I logged into the domain registration again and my domain activation still says payment pending, and I have not received an e-mail.

When a transfer request fails due to some reason, your account gets credited. In such a case a new transfer request is required. You do not pay for this request becuase amount is already in your domain account.

Please make another transfer request and pay from your debit account which has a credit balance to cover this transaction.

atulkumar said:
When a transfer request fails due to some reason, your account gets credited. In such a case a new transfer request is required. You do not pay for this request becuase amount is already in your domain account.

Please make another transfer request and pay from your debit account which has a credit balance to cover this transaction.
I've already been told I do not pay for the request because I have previously paid. And I made a second request (the first one that ended up failing, and a second time on advice from Yash). Another request would be my third. The domain is showing in my account, but I can't do anything unless I go through the payment process again. It does not appear to give me an option of using a credit (unless I am blind). How do I remove it from my account and then request it a third time? Why will the third time work any differently than the second? I don't want to go endlessly in a circle here.

Ok, I have done all this for you. You should get an email to confirm this transfer shortly. After you confirm, it will complete the transfer process.

JodoHost,

I am posting to this thread to let Dave know that I have had the same problem. Dave, I recommend that you DO NOT use jodohost as a registrar. I cancelled the domain transfer process and requested my money back. I am not confident with jodohost's domain registration process. I have chosen to stay with GoDaddy.com. They seem to be the number 1 registrar. Their track record and customer support speaks for itself. Jodohost should stick to web site hosting services and focus their resources there.

Dave, I think the reason that you did not receive any response from jodohost is that they had you confused with me. Good luck with your domain transfer if you decide to continue with the process.

Tonto

Our resources are concentrated on web hosting of course

We have alot of customers who have registered their domains with us and host them with us.

And if you are a reseller, I'd stronly recommend you register your service domain with us because you can easily create name servers for them with us

I finally got my money refunded. I still prefer to use a more reliable company for my registrar. Again, good luck Dave.

Tonto

Atul said:
Ok, I have done all this for you. You should get an email to confirm this transfer shortly. After you confirm, it will complete the transfer process.
I'm not sure what it is you were supposed to have done, Atul. I never received an e-mail and nothing has changed. I am getting the following message when I try to pay using the credit I am supposed to have:

Current Debit Account Balance: USD 0.0 Amount Due: USD 8.500 The balance in the Customer Debit Account is insufficient to cover the Invoice(s)/Debit Note(s) selected. Click "Add Funds" below to add more funds to your Customer's Debit Account.'

I guess I will have to cancel and see what kind of problems I will have trying to get a refund for a credit that doesn't seem to exist.

Dave,

The reason that you did not get a response from jodohost is that they sent the emails to me. We happened to have similiar problems and they got the two of us confused. By the way, it took about a month to get my refund. I also think that I got the refund because you were emailing jodohost about the same problem. I had given up on any refund. I can forward the emails that I got that probably should have been addressed to you if you would like. Just leave your email address in a private post.

Tonto

Back