Raw Logs problem

riley

Perch
Yash,

Can you please look into tickets 16478 and 16587 regarding request to change Raw Log file configuration and tell me what is going on! Not only hasn't the change been made, but now one of my sites isn't logging anything, even though Raw Logs are turned on in the cp!

riley

HSphere 2.4 has totally changed the logging approach and we haven't understood it correctly.

It's not as simple as changing the logging options in IIS. We are invvestigating this and your ticket will be answered shortly

Yash said:
HSphere 2.4 has totally changed the logging approach and we haven't understood it correctly.

It's not as simple as changing the logging options in IIS. We are invvestigating this and your ticket will be answered shortly

In the mean time, one of my sites is not logging. Can I go into control panel and turn logging off and back on again to see if I can get it to log again. If that would interfere with what the support guys are doing, then I'll just leave it alone. Please let me know.

riley

Yes, please turn logging on and off

We are still investigating multiple issues with logging..

Yash said:
Yes, please turn logging on and off

We are still investigating multiple issues with logging..

Ok, I turned logging off and on again and the site is logging again.

Thanks

I still have not heard anything on the original log file issues in my support tickets and now all my tickets are closed. I don't want this to slip through the cracks...

Should I open a new ticket?

riley

I'm looking into why this hasn't been answered yet. We infact have not received anything from PSOFT yet on this

I promise a resolution in 24 hours maximum

Yash said:
I'm looking into why this hasn't been answered yet. We infact have not received anything from PSOFT yet on this

I promise a resolution in 24 hours maximum

Frankly, I'm not real thrilled with the "H-Sphere log plugin". I have found some bugs in it. Sometimes the cs(Referer) winds up in the cs(Cookie) field and the plugin does not faithfully replace spaces in the data fields with a + sign. This presents kind of a problem, given that the file is a "Space Delimited" file.

Is there any option to NOT use the plugin and just use the Raw IIS log files instead?

riley

I'm sorry riley, as you know we haven't written the HSphere.

We are however communicating about this with PSOFT

I am really trying to get psoft to answer this for me, they don't really want to I guess, others are asking the same question there (in forums and tickets).

As a resolution now, I will offer to move you back to regular extended logging, we had really hoped they would fix this, but they are not even replying. So, the only downside MIGHT be that webalizer and awstats will not generate logs, but I am thinking if you need the logs that bad you are wanting to run a local analyzer.

Let me know what you want to do any I will either wait longer on psoft, or move you over to old logging and let you run with it on your own.

Stephen said:
I am really trying to get psoft to answer this for me, they don't really want to I guess, others are asking the same question there (in forums and tickets).

As a resolution now, I will offer to move you back to regular extended logging, we had really hoped they would fix this, but they are not even replying. So, the only downside MIGHT be that webalizer and awstats will not generate logs, but I am thinking if you need the logs that bad you are wanting to run a local analyzer.

Let me know what you want to do any I will either wait longer on psoft, or move you over to old logging and let you run with it on your own.

You are correct; I don't use either stats package. I would love to get back to the Raw IIS logs (regular extended logging). If you can do this it would be great. And if you do, could you set it up the way I had requested in my original ticket? The number is 16478.

riley

Everything should now be set as you specified in the ticket, I double checked each check box, but if I missed something feel free to reply to that ticket with an update. I have IIS putting the logs directly in your user logs folder for each domain, again, if there are any problems let us know.

I am sorry for the long delay in making this decision, we really thought that Psoft would help out with this and correct the problems. The have released a patch that fixes the spacing and + issue, but the hourly logging is still non functional.

You are on w3 extended logging as it was before, and non local time, log formats as you specified.

Stephen said:
Everything should now be set as you specified in the ticket, I double checked each check box, but if I missed something feel free to reply to that ticket with an update. I have IIS putting the logs directly in your user logs folder for each domain, again, if there are any problems let us know.

I am sorry for the long delay in making this decision, we really thought that Psoft would help out with this and correct the problems. The have released a patch that fixes the spacing and + issue, but the hourly logging is still non functional.

You are on w3 extended logging as it was before, and non local time, log formats as you specified.

I just tried it, but there is (as there was before) a delay before the logs are written, so I haven't seen them yet. But a couple of the folders have a subfolder name W3SVCnnn (where the number is different in each folder) and I cannot access them (access denied). If this is where they are, I need permission for that folder. Perhaps I'm not clear on what's going on.

Also, 1 domain (w3sp) is still logging with the hspere plugin.

riley

Back