Server Down?

I can't really upload my site either, because it says that there is not enough money on my account to reactivate ASP.NET.

dx4 said:
I can't really upload my site either, because it says that there is not enough money on my account to reactivate ASP.NET.

That means you have negative balance. Please ensure you have paid your hosting fees for this term. If not, open a ticket and we'll check this out. Don't forget to include your payment's transaction ID or Order Number

Yash said:
That means you have negative balance. Please ensure you have paid your hosting fees for this term. If not, open a ticket and we'll check this out. Don't forget to include your payment's transaction ID or Order Number
I checked the billing section and from what it seems the not only I paid, but it was processed too. Maybe I just dont undeerstand that section of the panel :). Ill look into it later when I come home.

Yash said:
Web hosts frequently disable customer sites that utilise high resources. It is only because we have a forum here that is gaining so much attention
A forum can be a blessing or a curse, depending on the situation. :)

I used Webstrike Solutions as a host for a while and they had a somewhat active forum, but I never saw this happen at that host.

I would like to mention that regardless of who is right, who is wrong, who did what, what is true or what is false... Yash has hung in here on the forum and responded to all messages. I'm sure it wasn't easy since he was getting blasted from so many sides and at a fast pace at times. But he weathered the storm and provided good communications and kept a level head. No cursing or abusing the customers. :tongue:

I think that is commendable and says a lot about Yash and JodoHost.

Indeed, although requiring quite some arguments Yash kept a professional attitude and ultimately considered the approach taken and took the necessary steps to rectify the situation.

What the heck is going on here??! I go on vacation for a little while and all hell breaks loose! :-0
Hmmm, well my site's up so I guess I'll stay out of this one... :)
-Dave

I haven't got answer for my my ticket (#12442) since 04:58:14 -0500 (EST).

Yesterday I have replied to your email which was send from [email protected] with the subject "Site Deactivated". I have not got any response for it, too.

I didn't recevied any email from you.

I have added this code to my script:

Code:
Session.Timeout = 2
If Application("onlinevisitors")>15 then
 response.write("Sitede 15 kiÅŸi var. Biraz bekledikten sonra tekrar deneyin.")
 response.end
end if
If session("pageview")>15 and Application("onlinevisitors")>12 then
 response.write("Sitede 15 sayfadan fazla gezemezsiniz. Biraz bekledikten sonra tekrar deneyin.") 
 response.end
end if
session("pageview") = session("pageview") +1

I hope it will work.

I think you should look at finding a permanent solution to your problem rather than restricting visits.

Log files indicate you were getting 50 to 100 visitors at the same time and you were using MS Access as backend. This was causing very high CPU usage. Also, I hope you are closing your application sessions cleanly. It appears you have written code that forces your session to remain open. We have to manually terminate processes then. It also appears that you are leaving several objects or database connections open because we believe your code is responsible for high memory usage as well.

I recommend you put your website on a test server and start fixing the problems and optimizing it. No web host is going to host a site like this.

If you can turn off all database access till you convert to MS SQL (and optimize your code), we'll put your website back online. But if it continues to cause such problems, we'll be forced to deactivate it again.

Woah... I hope your whole site isn't written like this...? No offense, but this abuse of Session.Timeout, Application, and Session variables would bring any web server to its knees after a hundred users. And, if you're using MS Access as well, you'll have tons of contention problems.
My suggestions are Yash's: Convert to SQL and stay away from these application and session variables for everything. They are evil. You're also killing yourself by timing out each session after only 2 minutes. All these variables are resetting, killing the CPU.
-Dave

ituedu said:
I didn't recevied any email from you.

I have added this code to my script:

Code:
Session.Timeout = 2
If Application("onlinevisitors")>15 then
 response.write("Sitede 15 kiÅŸi var. Biraz bekledikten sonra tekrar deneyin.")
 response.end
end if
If session("pageview")>15 and Application("onlinevisitors")>12 then
 response.write("Sitede 15 sayfadan fazla gezemezsiniz. Biraz bekledikten sonra tekrar deneyin.") 
 response.end
end if
session("pageview") = session("pageview") +1

I hope it will work.

Back