Ticket Support Crew

Yash said:
there is no way we would have let any site gone down for 3 days. i understand we should have informed you but you never informed us that any of your sites were down.

didnt think i needed to because i thought it was all part of the server changes then when a day had passed, i started asking questions.

And my feeling is that your site was down most likely due to IP caching on your computer. Running ipconfig /flushdns would have fixed it. Your site was probably never down on the internet.

yeah that could be possible, although with one of my domains i hadnt been on it for ages and that didnt work on sunday night, i dont care really now, lol. its sorted.

Anyway, sorry for the mixup

yeah also sorry if ive not been direct enough, lessons learned and all that.

Yash said:
Ok, then you must have agreed to a server transfer, I would never switch a customer to a different server unless he is complaining about a problem

I dont see how your sub domain problem is related to this either. Since you closed your ticket, no one was able to look into your issue :( There could be 101 other reasons

The ticket was open for 2 days before I closed it. It shouldnt have been a problem when they had replied at first and asked for more information to look into it before I closed it. I never agreed to any damn server transfer when I never knew about it.

Just agree that your support system has some serious comunication issues and fix them and the problems not being solved due to this communication problem. Thats all anyone is asking for here.

I just checked my e-mail just in case and the only thing that was there was some new copies of the confirmation of the trouble ticket being received. For some reason they are being sent in pairs quite often. This is the first time they came a day later as well.

#9046 was the number by the way.

I know that some of these problems might well be related to H-sphere and not you or your support system but don't just blame us as the only alternative.

jimsau said:
The ticket was open for 2 days before I closed it. It shouldnt have been a problem when they had replied at first and asked for more information to look into it before I closed it. I never agreed to any damn server transfer when I never knew about it.

Just agree that your support system has some serious comunication issues and fix them and the problems not being solved due to this communication problem. Thats all anyone is asking for here.

OK, so I am assuming that one of our administrators had asked for more information to diagnose your problem but you closed it?

As for the server transfer, where did I mention we transfered your account. I don't see why I would have ever transfered your account when you are a new reseller and all new accounts were going on the new/correct servers anyway

jimsau, I dont think there was any communication error from our part. All I see is that you didn't give our team a chance to correct your issue if there was any.

jimsau said:
I know that some of these problems might well be related to H-sphere and not you or your support system but don't just blame us as the only alternative.

I'm not blaming you. I'm upset you didn't give us a chance to work on your issue and straight away called our support poor and blamed us for causing your site to go down

Yash said:
OK, so I am assuming that one of our administrators had asked for more information to diagnose your problem but you closed it?

As for the server transfer, where did I mention we transfered your account. I don't see why I would have ever transfered your account when you are a new reseller and all new accounts were going on the new/correct servers anyway

jimsau, I dont think there was any communication error from our part. All I see is that you didn't give our team a chance to correct your issue if there was any.

Yes I closed it when this apparently imaginary issue was fixed by someone other than me and no one had responded in 14 or so hours anyway, What was the use in leaving it open.

See your own post #12 for what you didn't say.

I am exiting this arguement now. The issue has been resolved .

Thanks for the help.

P.S. I think you should reset my reseller account billing period from today forward since I have had no funcional use from it until today.

Yash said:
I'm not blaming you. I'm upset you didn't give us a chance to work on your issue and straight away called our support poor and blamed us for causing your site to go down

I did give you a chance, and it seems to be the communication that is poor, not necessarily your support. This may be a problem with h-sphere alone.

It might be the messaging system causing this communication issue. Anyway as I said the problems seem to be worked out and things are working now. Hopefully that was the end of them.

Here the servers seem fast and the support slow, the last place was fast on support but the servers were slower than cold molasses. So here I am and I hope we can get the problems worked out. :D

Any updates for h-sphere coming up?

I *assumed* you had requested a transfer

here is a copy of your ticket: (read from bottom up)

A: Hello,
Kindly update us on the issue and if we can offer any assistance please tell us. Also forum.domain2.com is coming up fine.
Regards

[Mar 30, 2004 11:30:35 AM]

Q: Cancel the secured.domain1.com problem. It is asp related

[Mar 30, 2004 10:54:48 AM]

Q: Well one seems fixed but the one "secured.domain1.com" is still bad. It seems as if the IP is bad there as well. I have files on the server and they are not being found at the specified IP with http
[Mar 30, 2004 10:39:25 AM]

Q: For some reason my domains have been tranferred back to the old host even though they were reading from this server last night. Why have I still had no response from your support?
[Mar 30, 2004 9:47:39 AM]

Q: better look at the one created for secured.domain1.com as well. It does not work either through it's IP or it's instant access domain alias.
[Mar 29, 2004 11:36:32 PM]

Q: forum.domain2.com
[Mar 29, 2004 11:04:00 PM]

A: Hello,
It should be working. Well is forum.mysite.com is not working or which one is not working. Kindly update us with few details.
Regards

[Mar 29, 2004 10:59:28 PM]

Q: When my site goes active www.myhosting.com would a sub domain of forum.mysite.com also start working if it has been created? Or should I have done something somewhere else because it is not working.
[Mar 29, 2004 10:23:23 PM]

First of all, its pretty apparent from the response times that we answered your tickets in well under 60 minutes
What also becomes clear is that you yourself thought it was a propogation issue. You mentioned that the domain was suddently resolving to your old host.. we have no control over this! You also mentioned that there was an ASP problem for one of your sub domains that you blamed us for..

I feel we are being blamed incorrectly here.

Yes the secured domain issue was Asp. That was the second sub-domain problem. I had an error in the database connection and instead of the error saying there was a connection problem it was saying the page was not found. That makes it damn hard to resolve any error issues. Of course this was not your fault.

No I never received that response.

If you want to look into it again all I can say is that for some time the subdomain "forum.whatever.com" for "whatever.com" was not working. I could not even access it via the h-sphere created instant access alias. This same thing was happening in the "secured.whatever.com" subdomain. I just didn't realize that it had been fixed as well because the asp error looked just the same after the subdomain started working there as it did when the subdomain was unreachable.

When I originally sent that message the nameservers were pointing to the new servers here, when i fired up the computer this morning they were back to the old server again. That created a new problem. They are back on your servers again now. This didn't help the confusion. ?(

Let's just agree that things were messed up and try to make sure they don't happen later for me or anyone else. This is too frustrating and causes agression. :D

P.S. As in your post that was 12.5 hours before your support response. That was actally made after I deleted the ticket. 8)

And it's not fair you can edit out the "But the customer is always right" you added on the last line of your last post and not show an "edited" notation when you remove it. :p

I can't. lol

I really think this was propogation related, you just needed to wait it out

As for 12.5 hours, that's not the point.

Your last reply: [Mar 29, 2004 10:23:23 PM]
Our reply: [Mar 29, 2004 10:59:28 PM]
Your last reply: [Mar 30, 2004 10:54:48 AM]
Our reply: [Mar 30, 2004 11:30:35 AM]

Yes, your ticket was left unaswered for lengthy period between the first and second responses and that's something I'll be looking at. Will go over the records and see who was at shift..

Yash said:
Yes, your ticket was left unaswered for lengthy period between the first and second responses and that's something I'll be looking at. Will go over the records and see who was at shift..

Thanks. That would be why I deleted it because it had been resolved as far as i knew and the ticket was no longer needed.

jimsau said:
And it's not fair you can edit out the "But the customer is always right" you added on the last line of your last post and not show an "edited" notation when you remove it. :p

oh, you read that :(
Sometimes I get a little frustrated and write things that I shouldn't have, but then I remember I have those special vB powers that I can use to correct my statements without anyone knowing :)

Yash said:
oh, you read that :(
Sometimes I get a little frustrated and write things that I shouldn't have, but then I remember I have those special vB powers that I can use to correct my statements without anyone knowing :)

LOL, I went back and edited some frustrations as well but that edited notation told on me. heh :rolleyes:

Anyone can edit their posts without an Edit tag BTW, as long as it's within 2 or so minutes, it won't show. I use it all the time for typos as I'm too lazy to use preview and proofreading, so I always end up seeing it after I post stuff :)

I started a proper thread about a problem I had with a couple of tickets, then you come here and spam it with useless rubbish that don't have ANYTHING to do with the ticket crew and actually not Jodohost either

I'm disappinted :p

Back