Trouble sending email

We've has trouble sending emails since about 11:00 am EST today. The email programs (Thunderbird and Outlook) cannot connect to the mail server. It takes 3-4 tries before it finally connects and sends the message. Also, I usually receive a pretty fair amount of email during the day(mostly spam), but since about noon I have not received anything except for a newsletter. No confirmation emails for tickets I've submitted, and no copy of the chat I had with someone on the Live Chat system. Something isn't right.

Anyone else having such problems?

Edit: My mail server IP is 204.14.107.1 and it pings fine.

Mail1 indeed has a big queue to process right now. we are monitoring it. The issue occured as one of the DNS it relies on heavily quit due to the server (this server is for some background services) restart. This can take an hour to recover completely.
For livechat & ticket emails, please check after this time as they maybe queued.

The problem continues today. Have to send an email several times before the SMTP connection is made. This from several computers in different locations, with different ISPs, etc. All experiencing the same thing - try to send an email, i fails and says the SMTP connection is unavaialble. Sometimes goes immediately when try it a second time, usually takes 3-4 tries. NEVER works on first try.

Very aggravating. What is causing this?

Having the same issue. Entered a ticket approx 4.5 hrs ago in reseller ticket system and no response. My MX rec is pointed to the same IP as you Oyster.

Outbound seems OK for me at the moment...still not receiving mail though and folks sending mail to client (I am a reseller) are receiving bounce messages.

The sender who received the bounce message faxed this as the error message

"There was a SMTP communication problem with the receipient's
email server. Please contact your system administrator"

(Hard to imagine people still using fax machines)

Still happening - click to send message, get error.

Here's the error (added Xs to domain):
Sending of message failed.
The message could not be sent because connecting to SMTP server mail.XXXXXX.com failed. The server may be unavailable or is refusing SMTP connections. Please verify that your SMTP server setting is correct and try again, or else contact your network administrator.

All settings verified. I am using Thunderbird, but others in my office experiencing this are using Outlook and Outlook Express

There were a few timeouts and it resolved by itself. It was obvious as there may be many mailservers waiting for a chance to send/deliver mail.

tanmaya said:
There were a few timeouts and it resolved by itself. It was obvious as there may be many mailservers waiting for a chance to send/deliver mail.

It's still happening. Is the mail1 server so overloaded that it can't handle the SMTP requests? What are our options - switch to another mail server for SMTP?

Same problem here. I posted this to the customer only forum, but i'll repeat here as i'm waiting for several days for this to be solved, and almost an hour to get an answer anywhere on the ticket system, webchat or forum.

I need an urgent solution, now!

This is what I posted on http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=8125:

I've already replyed to this ticket #ZXP-57281-525 but I'm posting this here because I can't reach the webchat and I'm about to lose my customer again.

One of my customers uses mail service a lot. I've moved them from another host because they were having problems there, and now since they are at jodo's servers there's been problems like like 4 or 5 times already.

These last few days, after the mail servers upgrades it got worse. I've been reported that mails have huge delays every day before, but now more than ever, yesterday was like 6 hours delay. And they even get errors when trying to send e-mails.

I need a solution, I need a transition to another mail server without losing information. Please let me know how to proceed.

This account is setup with a mail relay going from mail2 -> mail.

If any current reseller knows how to make this transition please advice me.

I've tryed disabling mail relay and now it points mail5 -> mail. But the problem remains.

I've got and have had the same problem for a while. No answer from the help desk, no email confirms. Major problems with clients trying to access the mail servers with Outlook, Outlook Express, etc. Systems keep asking for confirmation of server info, but it is correct. MAIL1 shows problems on JodoPulse, but this seems to be happening on some of the other servers, too.

Would like some response. Not pissed off, just concerned. This is not normal situation a Jodohost.

Thanks.

I also having the same issue, I am a reseller and my email is extremely important to me. I did not received any email since 12:00 Noon.. It seems like a long DELAY..
Can this issue be fix rightaway?

Chief Grape,

Some of the other monitors going off is actually an issue with the offsite monitoring, it is losing some packets. However as has been said mail1 has had some slowness.

hotnow, Mail5 is a brand new server and has no issue that I know of, have you submitted a ticket or come to livehcat to discuss this matter?
LimWebDesign, same as hotnow, have you let us know on this?

Stephen-

I have submit a ticket for over 10hrs.. still no response.
Not sure what is going on but I really need to get this fix... my client is sending me email and I dont have anyway of getting it.
THanks!

if it's worth noting, i have a reseller account as well.

ticket# is: IQV-81250-729

i have mail on one account/domain working fine. it's hosted on win13, with mail relay from mail2 -> mail4

i have mail on another account/domain not working. it's hosted on win17, with mail relay from mail2 -> mail5

code bases are identical.

Tanmaya said this ticket ws replied quite some time ago and the SMTP auth username being used is different than the one on the server, the email address and the SMTP user for SMTP authentication must match.

That was from error logs that we found this, however the exact ticket reply was this:
Hello,

Can you please let us know the smtp-username and "From" email being used

Regards,
Tanmaya

Back