Trouble sending email

yes, i got a response 2 hours ago, and replied with the follow-up information requested.

if you have additional information from the error logs please send it along to me so i can check for where i might be mis-configured.

i'm not upset at all, i'm just looking for more information & help...

We just have that the authorization from the configuration failed in logs.

Can you send me a PM with the information? You need to be sure you are using the full email address, and the mail server needs to be correct. If it is the service domain, make sure you use mail5.servicedomain.com(but it doesn't sound like the service domain from what you say)

Stephen said:
We just have that the authorization from the configuration failed in logs.

Can you send me a PM with the information? You need to be sure you are using the full email address, and the mail server needs to be correct. If it is the service domain, make sure you use mail5.servicedomain.com(but it doesn't sound like the service domain from what you say)

i sent the information... is there any more you can share with me on pm?

p0rtmonkey said:
I've also been noticing a 3 to 4 hour delay receiving all of my e-mail
same here.
still getting popups on Outlook for user/pass info everynow and again. also on mail1.

No reply to my cerebrus ticket yet...been 2 days of my client intermittently having 1- messages bounced and 2- intermittent errors from outlook express when attempting to send messages.

If I cannot get support for apparent load issue on mail1 -- can I move my client to a different mail server through the control panel?

I only want to resolve the issue -- personally I am not upset that no one answered my ticket (#135189) -- I just want to deliver some results for my rather annoyed client as they consider their ability to send and receive mail critical to their business.

It seems issues have not been solved with mail1 yet. JodoPulse shows long time responses and errors sometimes. Is it supposed to be working fine? Because I still have a customer on that mail server and I think I'll rather move it during weekend.

Thank you very much!

Response time/Timeouts are still being worked on ,though none have occured in last many hours. Mailserver will be under monitoring for next 48 hours.
Gorgrim, If you are a reseller you have created a ticket to yourself and not with us.
To create a ticket with us, please go to:
http://resellerdesk.jodohost.com

Alright, this is getting ridiculous! Having to send an email 6-8 times hoping to connect to the SMTP server is not how things are supposed to work. I have experienced it, my co-workers have experienced it, and my customers have experience it.

Something is wrong with the mail server. Either someone is using it to spam the world and using up all the SMTP bandwidth, or something is wrong with the settings. Whatever it is, it needs to be fixed.

Yes, I have sent in a ticket, but since the Cerberus help desk doesn't appear to be working properly either, I do not receive any email confirmation of the ticket so I don't know the ticket number.

Come on, Jodohost. Let's at least identify the problem, not ignore it.

Good Oyster,

Various people using many GB of mail traffic got emails last week that they were going to be migrating to a new mail server because of very high SMTP usage, all have requested to wait until people can download mail today.

Some of these users were utilizing GB's per day in mail transfer.
It is not being ingnored, but it is taking longer than we hoped in order to honor their request that we wait until after people have downloaded email on monday.

Stephen...

When will these people be off the mail server so that folks with normal email usage will be able to use the server reliably? I got a call from my client again today...who's level of frustration with me has been escalating steadily since the problem was reported last week. I would really appreciate being able to give her a solid answer about when her issues will be resolved. Is there anything you can do to help? Perhaps an alternate SMTP server they can send through?

I entered another ticket with resellerdesk.jodohost.com as you directed.

Stephen said:
Good Oyster,

Various people using many GB of mail traffic got emails last week that they were going to be migrating to a new mail server because of very high SMTP usage, all have requested to wait until people can download mail today.

Some of these users were utilizing GB's per day in mail transfer.
It is not being ingnored, but it is taking longer than we hoped in order to honor their request that we wait until after people have downloaded email on monday.

I can understand your wanting to help out these people as much as possible, as you have been very helpful to me in the past. However, it would have been nice to tell the rest of us that we should expect some delays until these bandwidth hogs could be moved. An ongoing problem like this, and its pending solution, should be shared with all parties involved, especially when some of us have been asking about it for several days.

Now we know what is going on. An idea of when we can expect resolution would be great. Thanks for your help!

Good Oyster said:
... it would have been nice to tell the rest of us that we should expect some delays until these bandwidth hogs could be moved.

especially as it seems that the large majority on mail1 are suffering because of a very small minority of hogs...

Back