user over quota ???

We are looking into this and we will be running some tests... hopefully we should have this resolved soon. May I know the email address that rejected your 44KB email, from which email addres you sent it from and if possible, the test file. PM me if you want it kept private

I sent the email addy in private message but forgot to mention that I tried this with emails of different sizes with the same results...once it got to the quota it would be rejected. Just wanted you to understand that I did test things before mentioning this...and not just with one email and not with just one size of email either.

It really didn't matter if it was 3.5MB or 700K or 44K. It would accept these files provided that THAT specific email didn't put it over the quota....so it wasn't the email or the attachment that was causing it to be rejected, it was the quota. I really spent significant time making sure to try all different combinations.

Also. as soon as I raised the quota to 6MB...it started accepted the same emails it was rejecting....then when I put the quota back to 5MB and it rejected the emails again....so again it points to the quota being the problem, not the emails and not the email addresses.

Just so you know...I'm not saying this to drag the issue any further...it's only here to provide addition information. I realize I can just raise my quota if needed (hopefully that is all that is necessary)

We're still looking into it. Just want to check if this is something to do with our new mail server configuration and not HSphere because this problem was at least not occuring before the DC shift begun.

If this is indeed with HSphere, we will be updating the control panel to give a default quota of 50MB to each mail box so this problem does not occur.

Back