Very poor communication again!

Here is a copy of my latest ticket

IP:

On attempting to log into my plesk account remotely via

I get the following error message

----
ERROR: com_exception
<b>Source:</b> ADODB.Connection<br/><b>Description:</b> Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed.

0: C:\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3:630
com->open(string 'Provider='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0';Data Source=C:\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\db\psa.mdb;Jet OLEDB:System database=C:\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\db\psa.mdw', string '***********', string '***************')
1: C:\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3:630
reconnect()
2: C:\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3:590
db_connect()
3: C:\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\auto_prepend\auth.php3:63

---

Firstly is this possible to resolve

Secondly, it worries me that this statement "string '********')" apparently mades my password public. Could you offer an explanation?

User details

VPS Hostname: ***************
IP Address:
Username: **************
Password: ******** (******** is old password if that doesn't work)

Tue Mar 13 2007 09:01AM by
Sorry addresses tried are

https://***************/login.php3
https://***************login.php3

Client IP: 194.164.81.48

Tue Mar 13 2007 09:30AM by
Hello,

We are able to open plesk without any problems. As i told you before all the problems you faced are because of memmory issue.

Regarding the error

------------------------------------------------

ERROR: com_exception
<b>Source:</b> ADODB.Connection<br/><b>Description:</b> Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed.

com->open(string 'Provider='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0';Data Source=C:\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\db\psa.mdb;Jet OLEDB:System database=C:\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\db\psa.mdw', string '******', string '********')
reconnect()
2: C:\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3:590
db_connect()
3: C:\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\auto_prepend\auth.php3:63

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a sring it will just display what ever you type in user name and password irrespective of what the correct login details are. It is throwing out the characters you entered. So if you get this error its you who have typed the password and no one else know this.

The error you get is because it did not have enough memory on the VPS to process your request and just dumped the data you typed in. If you would have given even incorrect credentials it will throw out that.

If your VPS had proper memory to process you will never ever see what password was passed in.

If you have any other problems do let us know. Thanking you
Regards
Pratik

Tue Mar 13 2007 09:39AM by
I hadn't inputted a user name and password and I am on a machine were I have never logged into Plesk remotely from so it couldn't have been "remembered" - it just gave me the user name and password in the connection string. Very worrying.

Try crashing a VPS server in a similar way and then try to log into Plesk remotely, I bet good money it will give you the log in and password information for the local installation of Plesk.

Tue Mar 13 2007 09:47AM by
Hello,

Sir you didnt get what i meant to say in this. The password is not stored on your system you had typed in the box username and password ( which were correct login credentials ) and as there was the issues with the memory and plesk could not process your requeset it dumped the details on your browser.

If you had given say following things as our login details

username :- hoooooo
password :- haaaaaa

It would have dumped you on the screen as

com->open(string 'Provider='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0';Data Source=C:\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\db\psa.mdb;Jet OLEDB:System database=C:\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\db\psa.mdw', string 'hoooooo', string 'haaaaaa')
reconnect()

I hope you get what i am trying to say. So if i type in any junk it will never ever show me the correct details in return.

If you have any other problems do let us know. Thanking you
Regards
Pratik

Tue Mar 13 2007 12:23PM by
I understood.

"The password is not stored on your system you had typed in the box username and password ( which were correct login credentials ) and as there was the issues with the memory and plesk could not process your requeset it dumped the details on your browser. "

I understand this. What I am telling you is at no point did I type in my login credentials - the login page never loaded, I got the above error instead due to the memory error immediately after inserting https://*************login.php3 into my browser.

Hope that makes sense.

Tue Mar 13 2007 04:25PM by
Hello,

I checked and found its a temporary error which you get due to lack of memory on the server. Please contact sales department to get more memory. For further assistance you may contact us at any point of time.

With warm regards,
Prakash

Tue Mar 13 2007 04:52PM by
I am not paying for extra memory Prakash until I know why a server that cost $50 per month can't handle three HTML simple websites with no databases on server, one site is fairly busy with about 200 to 300 visitors per day, the other two get less than 10 a day each.

**** are information removed

My $50 per month VPS account has been having problems again over the last very days, which has come suddenly from a long spell of stability and good service. I am getting "Internal Server" errors on my forum which is supported by a SQL database which Stephen kindly set up elsewhere me so not to burden the server, leaving just a HTML and ASP based website without a database on server, I am two other sites, neither of which get over 10 visitor per day, one has a very very small Access Database (under 2mb I believe) and the other non at all, both are again just HTML and ASP.

So what is the ticket people's opinion?

Please contact sales department to get more memory

Same as experienced before. I am not throwing good money after bad I'm afraid. There should be plenty of memory to run the website I describe, I'm not running anything excess, not even a MySQL server anybody as we discovered the VPS servers were not able to handle a single database without significant problems. I don't use MailEnable and too my knowledge it is not running. Please somebody sort this out!

It looks like the error is in the Plesk MDB file itself, I will check your VPS and try to run a compression on this plesk system MDB.

It looks like the error is in the Plesk MDB file itself, I will check your VPS and try to run a compression on this plesk system MDB.

Thank you Stephen.

Good to see you are on it again for me. Much appreciated.

I'm sorry I get upset about this sort of stuff, but I sincerley believe that a bit of common sense should prevail in these ticket situations and they should consider that it maybe not allow user action that has caused the failure, or even if it has it may not have been intentional and should ask. The sad thing is I knew what response I was going to get to this problem was "Throw more money at it". - I'd hoped to be surprised.

Please let me know if you would like me to do anything to assist the process.

Back