Web15 frequent problems

Web15 hasn't been able to server a pretty basic HTML site all afternoon! Early today it was up while SQL sites were down, but around noon it was down as well.
Hopefully something will get things at least back up to serving pages!

I know it would be frustrating to WordPress users, but blocking wp-login.php seems totally justified at this point.
Much better to have sites up and not update-able than have everyting down!

We fully agree, and doing that!

Seems wordpress will have some very angry discussions coming soon, and likley will lead to a much better wp-login process in the future!

Woohoo! I'll be interested to see how this shakes up Word Press and all the other CMS scripts.

It is interesting that the new Joomla versions have a MUCH easier update process - basically just a one-click process, right from the admin panel.
It's so easy even end users can do it! That was one of the big hurdles in the old 1.5.x versions.

This attack must be quite random, I followed stephens link to the wht forum and can see how idespread the issue is, I have some other wordpress sites hosted both in the U.S and Australia that so far seem unaffected by this. Fingers crossed here. I can aonly assume that any sites/cms/shopping cart etc using the database servers are also down.

Wordpress also has the 1 click update but getting customers to do it regularly is another thing. We also find many designers go and change the core wordpress theme files so when the customer updates the wordpress version the designers code gets overwritten

Any idea when the worpress admin areas will be available for customers? current requests return 404 error, although i'm at least happy that the front ends are working

cdog - I didn't realize WP already had 1-click upgrades...it's pretty disappointing to know they don't get used.
I blamed the old Joomla system - which was pretty complex and really required a web savvy person- and was REALLY hoping the new system would be better.

It's too bad they can't implement a trusted upgrade/scheduled cron job to automatically pull updates. If web designers are lazy in their skinning/customizing maybe they'd get run out of business (or learn the correct methods)! We used to be guilty of that, but we learned how to properly use the CMS - these days we don't see any problems upgrading Joomla even with some pretty crazy customized modules/components we've created. The key is learning!

I sent you a message about how to login for now. I will update techs on it as well.

The linux team has made a fix available for those needing it, we have a script we run that will fix, submit a ticket and they will get it resolved!

Is jodo sure that doing so won't break the installs or cause issues elsewhere especially for example if an upgrade takes place since the jodos fix was implemented.

If a upgrade is done, the fix will need to be reapplied, it can be done manually as well as by us, its a couple changes.

We are checking your ticket and update you again shortly with mention all details.

I've had no responses to my tickets still and the only option was to contact via live chat, can someone check the ticket again

We have sent out a mass mailing today with info about this there. It has created a really large amount of tickets, and we are working all of them asap.

the fix seems to breaking the password recovery system now as well, well not break but the redirect is back to wp-login.php. Hopefully this wont last for to much longer

the fix seems to breaking the password recovery system now as well, well not break but the redirect is back to wp-login.php. Hopefully this wont last for to much longer
It has already been lifted from some servers, then put back in place temp, and we will be watching it and go with it as possible. Only a handful had it, and we were working on removing the blocks today when it then renewed a little bit causing some issues.

Has this attack finally subsided? was wondering if the worpress fix had finally been removed by support or if there is an update on when this may happen.

Back