Web15 frequent problems

If you feel you need to remove it, do so, but no the attacks are actually renewing a bit in the last days. Been seeing them hitting windows servers very aggressively now as well with a few others apps targeted as well

If you feel you need to remove it, do so, but no the attacks are actually renewing a bit in the last days. Been seeing them hitting windows servers very aggressively now as well with a few others apps targeted as well
We need to get support to remove the fix, correct? I'm happy to leave things as they are for a little while and fortunately we don't have any customers running wp on windows servers. I did see something about returning 444 error that seemed reasonable effective and confused the bots back on the wht forum

We need to get support to remove the fix, correct? I'm happy to leave things as they are for a little while and fortunately we don't have any customers running wp on windows servers. I did see something about returning 444 error that seemed reasonable effective and confused the bots back on the wht forum
the returning non 404 was a more specific issue to nginx which had issues with the 404 handling, we were not returning 404 errors with the block in place, but 403.

Web15 appears to still have some problems, despite the announcement earlier today. I'm currently getting a 502 error.

Well, ever since the trouble from this afternoon, I have been unable to connect to the website from any AT&T connection. I have tried AT&T mobile, AT&T DSL, and an AT&T T1 connection. All failed to connect and give a 502 error. Before this afternoon, things were working just fine.

edit: I get the same 502 error when I try to access the File Explorer from within the control panel. I can access the control panel itself just fine.

That listing is these wordpress hacks, ones that were able to brute force due to weak passwords before we for the login pages to stop loading to prevent the abuse/sql issues, have also been noted now to upload all sort sof things, and PHP bounces are a main item on the list. We've been working on clearing up anything seen doing this, on every server.
AT&T is the worst buse dept to work with in getting info, they give nothing just block, never tell you anything so it is like flying blind in what they are blocking for, in the past it wasn't this cbl, but who knows. We will get working with them on resolving.

Looks like Web15 is either having issues or blocked universally as it seems to be down all over now, not just AT&T. Charter and Sprint here, as well as monitoring:

Collection Time Location Availability Status DNS Connection Time Response Time Size Reason
April 24, 2013 8:07:30 AM CDT
Virginia
613 0 0 - 0 Read time out.

Texas
0 0 0 - - Unable to connect to the service or the connection was interrupted

Glad to see Web15 is back up!

It is definitely blocked by AT&T again...same traceroute as before
1 . . . X
2 . . . X
3 . . . 27 ms 70.159.210.122
4 . . . 25 ns 70.159.210.119
5 . . . 29 ms 12.81.32.144
6 . . . 25 ms 12.81.32.47
7 . . . * Request timed out.
8 . . . * Request timed out.

We are providing them info that the infection on domain was cleaned that was making some spam and abuse.

I will mention that one quick way to 'solve' this issue is to put a free cloudflare account on it, it will also help some some of the larger wordpress exploits and other CMS exploits but not by any means all of them. I mention this only because another client mentioned, and we have used for JH site in the paste not entirely without problem (we used paid account for it), but overall quite ok. We removed our site from it when they had all their routes down for over an hour a month or so back.

And now the server is down completely, not just with AT&T.

I set up an account with Cloudflare, which helps, but it doesn't always help when the server is down completely. I'm sorry, but this is starting to get ridiculous.

Are there any updates besides "we are providing information to AT&T?"

This looks to be server related - the same thing happened on Wednesday.....

The last time I checked AT&T it was also down, so it looks like multiple issues.

This is my monitor report (it's on a 10 minute interval, I don't know how the durations are really calculated or how accurate they are):
Date Downtime Duration
Apr 25, 2013 10:30 AM CDT 17 Mins 25 Secs
Apr 24, 2013 8:07 AM CDT 55 Mins 14 Secs
Apr 23, 2013 2:07 PM CDT 45 Mins 34 Secs
Apr 21, 2013 12:33 AM CDT 36 Mins 35 Secs

Hey - AT&T looks like they've opened it back up!

Hooray!
Now if only I could get MelbourneIT to unlock one of my client's domains....I can't get them up on Cloudflare!

ok good to know it is confirmed we were told they had in a reply but did not have confirmation till this :)

There was an outage of about 5 minutes today, due to an abusive script which has been removed already now.

Back