Who uses "MadDogs Portal"?

Not really.....I never yet had a week go by where I hadn't had a customer with a dns issue. This is the most recent issue that I recieved from my customer:

Please have someone check the DNS for search411.info, web411.info and zupcom.com. THe main domain in HSphere is search411.info. The other two domains are aliases. I have mail alias on. This was all setup almost a week ago.

When I tried to send an email from my Yahoo account into [email protected] I get the following error:

Message from yahoo.com.
Unable to deliver message to the following address(es).

<[email protected]>:
66.36.229.77 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for [email protected]
Giving up on 66.36.229.77.

This .77 address is the wrong IP address for my server so something is wrong in DNS.

My domains are setup to use BigintHostings domain name servers so all this should be working. I had problems a couple days ago so I had zupcom.com setup on an external DNS, but I changed it back to use your's today because I thought everything was working. I never tried that with the 411.info domains though. THey have always been on BigIntHosting since I set them up.

They tell me that it is fixed but I have not responded to my customer yet.

I classify a DNS issue is when domains or A records suddenly get screwed up or stop responding

I'm looking into this issue and it appears that HSphere configured the record wrongly.. This happens but is not common and can't be called a DNS issue, rather a software issue...

I'm pretty angry with the administrator who told you it was fixed and I'm going to blow him for that..

it does appear to be fixed.. sent an email from my hotmail account and it went through. Could you verify from your yahoo.com

EDIT: I checked the MX record from dnsreport.com and its fine

Back