Win5 gone

Okay I will correct that in my script, ignore my ticket I just posted, I will now recreate both databses. and let you know when they're made.

I've been away for two hours and the situation is now that two of the three sites are not up. Both just show:

Under Construction
The site you were trying to reach does not currently have a default page. It may be in the process of being upgraded.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try this site again later. If you still experience the problem, try contacting the Web site administrator

Even though the default asp file is there and index activated.

that is because to our best attempts, the DNS had to be recreated, it is working properly, but the DNS will have to propigate, people that have never been to the sites will more than likely not have a problem viewing. Other will be a few hours to 24 hours.

Shows now for one domain, the other just gives:

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the .... home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Information Services

When trying to submit index on the one failing domain I get:
Failed to update Directory Index
Internal Error, Tech Support Was Notified

In addition to the above three posts I noticed that the backup for restore used was older than used yesterday as some images from the upload directory are no longer there while yesterdays backup had them.

domains now show and managed to enable index. Remains latest backup restore for the .....ac.org domain.

Hi Stephen, everything works, except for the fact that it looks like the restore for ....ac.org is from a less good backup than you used yesterday or has ben incomplete as a number of images in the upload directory is no longer there. some of these images were uploaded by members and thus irreplacable, but they were there after you restored the situation yesterday so you must somehow have used a better backup.

I will check and restore further.

Edit: Copying, you may get permissions errors for a minute or two, I am working on that after the copy is done.

I noticed that the backup for the other one is also much older as some pages were changed quite some time ago

I am not sure which one they used, but I am copying the same one that I copied yesterday.

I now can see the images, could you please repeat the same for the other domains as they both seem older than what you used yesterday.

Stephen,

None of the domain aliases for ....ac.org are there and I can't create them, same error as yesterday with .....pr.org which you did not resolve.

Back