a few questions

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales' started by webtech, Jul 1, 2005.

  1. Ravi

    Ravi Perch

    very simple..

    Signup -> Create DNS Zone + server aliases with that domain .
    Change Nameservers at your domain registrar and update the child/private nameservers with the IPs allocated to you.
  2. webtech

    webtech Perch

    Anyone around to help with previous question???
  3. Emagine

    Emagine Perch Staff Member

    Ravi has said how to add a custom record.

    to change the IP addresses asssigned to a nameserver, you need to do as i said on the previous page, regarding UK reg.

    where ravi has said about create dns record, you enter the name server

    ns1.xxx.com example with the IP Address you have been assigned.

    you do this for ns1 and ns2
  4. webtech

    webtech Perch


    Ok, but do I sign up with jodohost using my current settings with unitedhosting, ie webtechnique.net as host site using ns1.webtechnique.net, ns2.webtechnique.net or will that conflict with unitedhosting and I have to use something else???

    I apologise for trying to clarify but if I cant clarify its impossible to signup and I have to look for another hosting company.

  5. SubSpace

    SubSpace Bass

    Sure it's possible.
    Though I recommend you do not change your control panel URL until your service domain starts resolving properly, or you might need some tricks to access your administrative control panel.

    You can test websites beforehand by setting the HTTP 'proxy' setting in your browser to the IP of the server hosting the website you want to test (on port 80).

Share This Page

JodoHost - 26,000 hosting end-users in 100 countries
Plesk Web Hosting
VPS Hosting
H-Sphere Web Hosting
Other Services