ASP.NET Regular expression and Required field validators not working on JodoHost

Rashid

Guppy
Hi,

All the Validators(Required field and Regular expression) are working fine on my local machine (not giving any error just not validating data). When I upload on remote server like JodoHost account they just not validating.

I have uploaded simple Password check application to see if its working. Once you enter password and in retype password the message shouls appear "Mismatch Password" on run tim with any post back of button but its not doing that and I need to press button to see the message that means its not validating textbox data.

Anyone please help. Here is page
http://www.riseofkingdoms.com/test/

Rashid said:
Hi,
All the Validators(Required field and Regular expression) are working fine on my local machine (not giving any error just not validating data). When I upload on remote server like JodoHost account they just not validating.

Rashid,

Based on the version of the framework you used to develope your application, your pages will look for a specific version of the supporting client-side scripts.

For example, if you developed under version 1, your pages might look for the scripts in /aspnet_client/system_web/1_0_3705. But the folders on the server might only contain the scripts for version 1.1, which might be in /aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322.

Also note that there might be minor differences in the way the subfolders are named at the host. /aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322 might be named /aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322_0.

Upload the aspnet_client/system_web folders from your local computer to the host and the validators will start working.

riley

riley said:
Rashid,

Based on the version of the framework you used to develope your application, your pages will look for a specific version of the supporting client-side scripts.

For example, if you developed under version 1, your pages might look for the scripts in /aspnet_client/system_web/1_0_3705. But the folders on the server might only contain the scripts for version 1.1, which might be in /aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322.

Also note that there might be minor differences in the way the subfolders are named at the host. /aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322 might be named /aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322_0.

Upload the aspnet_client/system_web folders from your local computer to the host and the validators will start working.

riley

No sir still no success. I uploaded the folder from my local Machine. I am using .NET 1.1 with VS.NET 2003. ;(

Thanks Riley - I was experiencing the same problems (validators not working client side) and, after reading your post above, tracked it down to an additional "_0" at the end of the folder name. I deleted this folder, upload the folder from my local machine, and all is working great!

I had the same problem and just copied up the folder like Riley explained and all back to normal! Thanks!

Bugs

This seems to be happening to us here.
Have a question. You mention copying up the System_web folder. Where exactly are your copying this folder to?

Most host I know dont let you have access to the aspnet_client folder. Are you putting the System_web folder into your projects/apps folder?
Does it automatically search the projects folder first then if not found go to the aspnet_client floder to find this sys folder?

Thanks
Deasun

tirnaog said:
This seems to be happening to us here.
Have a question. You mention copying up the System_web folder. Where exactly are your copying this folder to?

Most host I know dont let you have access to the aspnet_client folder. Are you putting the System_web folder into your projects/apps folder?
Does it automatically search the projects folder first then if not found go to the aspnet_client floder to find this sys folder?

Thanks
Deasun

Copy it to the aspnet_client/System_web folder.

riley

Rashid said:
No sir still no success. I uploaded the folder from my local Machine. I am using .NET 1.1 with VS.NET 2003. ;(

Hi Rashid,
If you are using multiple website on the same server, you have to create virtual directorie in each one name it aspnet_client and point it to the folder aspnet_client that should do the trick :D

Hi
I'm facing a peculiar problem on production server.
All the asp.net validation controls are either not working or behaving unexpectedly.
For instance required field validator is getting fired after page submit/reload which is unexpected behavior, normally this validator stops submitting/posting of aspx page unless the specified filed is duly filled in.
Secondly customvalidator are not at all working.
And many more issues related to validations only.
After thorough research on internet, I concluded that this problem arises when framwork is not configured properly to utilize the current version. Based on the version of the framework you used to develope your application, your pages will look for a specific version of the supporting client-side scripts.
While uploading website I noticed a folder named: aspnet_client>system_web>1_1_4322_0
Note: At this point I like to add here upon is that all these issues are occuring on real production server and not on my local/development server.
I developed my application using VS.Net 2003 and Framework v1.1. On my machine instead of folder(1_1_4322_0) I've folder named 1_1_4322
This folder contains all related/necessary files for handling asp.net UI validations.
To solve the issues I tried following approaches:
1) I deleted existing folder aspnet_client>system_web>1_1_4322_0 and created a new folder aspnet_client>system_web>1_1_4322 and copy all the needed files from my development machine. As a result validations started working BUT all the buttons which have server side events stopped executing. To be more clear Nothing happened when i clicked on asp.net server side button.
2) I renamed existing folder : aspnet_client>system_web>1_1_4322_0 to new name aspnet_client>system_web>1_1_4322. Same result appears as in step 1 above required validators started working but server side buttons' click event didn't fire. X(

Thanks
Sameer

Hi All, SameerKumar,
as i mentioned in my previous post, you need to create a virtuale directory "aspnet_client" in IIS on the server machine and point it to the "aspnet_client" on the server machine.
The validators uses this virtual directory to get the functionality if it does not exist they wont work, it does not matter wich version you are using you have to have this virtual directory in each of you web sites on the server.

Have Fun,
Paul

Hi
Thanks for ur help.
But i'm able to make validators working by renaming existing directory from 1_1_4322_0 to 1_1_4322 on real server.
But after applying these changes my server side scripts stopped working. Lets say if i had a submit button, now on click of this submit button required field validators are being executed but after i fill values in all mandatory fields nothing happened on click of this submit button. This submit buton appears like disabled control.
Please help me to solve this issue

Sameer

SameerKumar said:
Hi
Thanks for ur help.
But i'm able to make validators working by renaming existing directory from 1_1_4322_0 to 1_1_4322 on real server.
But after applying these changes my server side scripts stopped working. Lets say if i had a submit button, now on click of this submit button required field validators are being executed but after i fill values in all mandatory fields nothing happened on click of this submit button. This submit buton appears like disabled control.
Please help me to solve this issue

Sameer

Sameer,

Leave the 1_1_4322_0 directory the way the system created it. IN ADDITION, upload your 1_1_4322 directory.

You will have:
aspnet_client\system_web\1_1_4322_0
AND
aspnet_client\system_web\1_1_4322

That should do the trick.

riley

riley said:
Sameer,

Leave the 1_1_4322_0 directory the way the system created it. IN ADDITION, upload your 1_1_4322 directory.

You will have:
aspnet_client\system_web\1_1_4322_0
AND
aspnet_client\system_web\1_1_4322

That should do the trick.

riley

Sameer,
I am not working on Jodohost but i hade similare problem on my server, do not rename the directory coz aspclient on the server side is pointing to it, and as validatorspoint to theire diroctry (without pasing thrue aspclient) you need to have the other directory as well.

now there is three different ways to solve the problem
1- Change the settings on your local machine to mach the server test if working and then upload
2- use oter kind of validators:search on google for this file and use those validators "System.Web.UI.WebControls.DomValidators.zip" . theese validators works on netscape and IE
3- have both directory on the server (one for validators and the other for all other controls) as riley mentoned.

Paul,

Thanks Guys for the 3 useful solutions.
I started trying them 1 by 1. I started with solution#3 first.
According to that I added new directory 1_1_4322 besides 1_1_4322_0, which already exists on production server.
Now this folder (1_1_4322_0) contains _vti_cnf folder and 2 .js files and 1 .htm file. In the new folder(1_1_4322) which i copied from my local/development machine to the production server the contents are bit different. In this i've 2 .js files and 1 .htm file. After doing this the validators start working as expected in their usual manner. But again the server side events of button controls stops executing. Now the button behaves like they are disabled though they are not.
I tried deleting the _vti_cnf folder from the 1_1_4322_0 folder. But no luck :(

SameerKumar said:
Thanks Guys for the 3 useful solutions.
I started trying them 1 by 1. I started with solution#3 first.
According to that I added new directory 1_1_4322 besides 1_1_4322_0, which already exists on production server.
Now this folder (1_1_4322_0) contains _vti_cnf folder and 2 .js files and 1 .htm file. In the new folder(1_1_4322) which i copied from my local/development machine to the production server the contents are bit different. In this i've 2 .js files and 1 .htm file. After doing this the validators start working as expected in their usual manner. But again the server side events of button controls stops executing. Now the button behaves like they are disabled though they are not.
I tried deleting the _vti_cnf folder from the 1_1_4322_0 folder. But no luck :(

Sameer,
There is also another thing that you can try, i already mentioned it at the begining of the discussion, Do you have a virtual directory "aspnet_client" in your Web Site pointing to the aspnet_client phisical directory on the server? if not create one and keep the original 1_1_4322 folder in it do not modify it that should do the trick, i have used this solution on all the websites where i had problems and it did the trick for me. Note non pf my sites hosted on jodohost.

I am having the same problem with my webform- field validators work but button click does not fire data to the ms sql database.

I am using .aspx pages with inline code. Does the fact that the db was created with hsphere and the hsadmin acct is the owner of my db have anything or alot to do with why a simple webform doesn't work? Or why there is a db connectivity problem?

I don't get it because I linked another .aspx page to Northwind db, tested it, and it completely works over the internet. I just think there is something hookey about the db created through the hsphere ctrl panel. Anyone got a clue?

?(

mengzi,

there are many people using asp.net and the MSSQL DBs via hsphere. I have been following Maheep's replies in your ticket, if the issues persist and I will help find a solution, but as of now it looks like a code problem, or a problem with the folders as was mentioned before.

riley said:
Copy it to the aspnet_client/System_web folder.

riley

hi all ,

i m working on 1.0 framework but my server is on 1.1. i m not able to execute my validators but after reading this thread i have executed the validators but my server scripts ( like buttons) are not working.

what can i do?????? :(

Back