ASP.Net v2 hosting?

Comm'on guys : it's Microsoft !!
Not even the "production" release will be stable enough in the eyes of many.
We've just learned to live so.
I don't see too much difference between a the last beta, the RC, or the first release.
:)

personally, i see why people would like it

a new toy to play with etc

but jodohost have to make a decission on whats best for them and there servers

and i hope that means not installing any beta software

i dont see a reason why beta software should be installed. beta i always thought was for testing, so - it shouldnt be treated as a released product.

and i totally agree with jodos policy of testing things to see how they react to jodos eviroment, so the servers dont go down - as am sure ive suffered from outages becose of upgrades.

if people want to play with beta products i feel they should install them on there personal machines so they dont compromise other people

though thats just my personal opinion

Beta versions have no support and no guarantee that you will be able to uninstall or upgrade the application to the final release when its available. I have seen cases with MS beta software where they simply told you that you have to reformat your drive and start all over again - no support for an upgrade to the final release. They'll tell you this in the beta documentation.

Whether it works or not, is as good as the final release or not, it doesn't matter because you run a very high risk installing unsupported software.

Certainly I wouldn't suggest JodoHost upgrade any servers that currently host 1.1 sites. And I appreciate your position on mission-critical hosting.

However, I have to say the "sandbox" servers that other hosts are offering are very attractive. Once I have an account set up with them, it will be easy to just do all my business there...I'm sure that is the strategy they are taking -- otherwise why take a chance on a beta framework at all?

I'd just like to encourage Jodohost to do the same - and chime in to give you any leverage I can to get HSpere off the dime...especially since you don't even have an update timeline.

jstalnaker said:
Certainly I wouldn't suggest JodoHost upgrade any servers that currently host 1.1 sites. And I appreciate your position on mission-critical hosting.

However, I have to say the "sandbox" servers that other hosts are offering are very attractive. Once I have an account set up with them, it will be easy to just do all my business there...I'm sure that is the strategy they are taking -- otherwise why take a chance on a beta framework at all?

I'd just like to encourage Jodohost to do the same - and chime in to give you any leverage I can to get HSpere off the dime...especially since you don't even have an update timeline.

I really don't think someone is trying to push an upgrade to any beta version. We know what this means....
I'm sure that developers we need work with top technology are impatient and the proposal is setup a separate server with 2.0 beta or Release candidate version.
Surely we need to wait to psoft release new version compatible with 2.0 or JH implements other CP in that server.

I think this is the way to implement any new soft version. Will be great be early asp.net 2.0 providers ;) although outside psoft.

I am in need of the new .Net and SQL 2005, even if it is not "supported" by Jodo.

Any plans to put up a development box?

win13 in testing. 64bit Windows 2003, asp.net 2.0. next month.
PSOFT is supply us specially recompiled 64bit modules :D

asp.net 1.1 and 2.0 will run simultaneously on win13... so you'd be able to switch between them by opening a support ticket

I am a new user to JodoHost. I'm wondering what forum I should monitor for announcements regarding ASP.NET 2.0 availability. I'm anxious to use it.

Thank you.

Back