ASP pages down

SubSpace said:
Working fine from what I can see.

Yes they are... That's the story of this whole week...

Have a problem... report it... it's gone by the time anyone looks at it.

I waited 2-3 hours before reporting this in hopes it would fix itsself.

Looks like it has

Andy

Same here Andy. Three times yesterday our ASP pages stopped working. It is worse because the page was not giving an error - 'it just sits there'. At least if it threw an error code, we could redirect it to our other backup server.

The reply back from support was to say that they worked fine for them and we should try using a different computer :(

It is so frustrating when our sites go down.

Nathan

Could you please let me know which servers you are on?

We are investigating this Nathan. ASP normally stops working when then is some badly written code. We are trying to isolate those sites and putting them in a different application pool

Ooops - that sounds like me! I use the Web Wiz Guide forum, but any modifications, i have been very careful to make sure that all objects are kill after use. If you do notice any irregularities with any part of my site, I would welcome you letting me know and I will either disable the function or recode it.
Thanks

Nathan

PS asp down again at the moment, but also the login page so I cannot open a support ticket.

Fixed

Someone's ASP code is causing heavy CPU usage on the IIS worker process. Probably someone is trying to run a never ending loop. We're trying to trace this website down

I deleted a duplicate thread regarding this problem

We switched IIS6 back to IIS5 isolation mode on Win4. That will keep ASP from dying till we trace this problematic website

Restarting..

We're putting everything into catching this website right now and bring ASP back to 100% on win4

aloha! i'm having the same problems, and i'm on win4. i submitted a ticket last night, and of course, it came back that my sites were fine. i'm new here, and i'm also using a form of web wiz (soopportal). could it be my code? ?( i haven't really done any big changes to the default code, but who knows? anyhow, looking forward to seeing this resolved. thanks!

hahaha...! mahalo for the reassurance, nex0r. :] this is just kind of annoying... as a matter of fact... at this very moment, my sites are down again. grrrr... X( deep breathing methods seem to be working for me to keep calm about the whole thing, but like i said, i'm new around here-- this isn't a very good first impression. :rolleyes: ah, well. nothing to do right now.

I created an infinite loop or two yesterday in something new I was making, but the script timed out normally after the default period and the server didn't really seem affected by it.

win4 is crashed again....................................................

ok sorry about that.. it was only asp who is stuck AGAIN.. but anyways, i mean what i wrote

ASP page is not loading.
no error code is thrown.

all the problems that i read in this thread seems to be the exact samething as i'm going thru.

i created a ticket over 24 hrs ago.
no confirmation email.
no response from a live tech yet.

ASP page is sporadic today.
currently, it has been down for two hours...since noon Pacific time zone. :(

sorry to say you're not missing much as far as the ticket submission is concerned. the tech(s) kept telling me that nothing was wrong, and sure enough, as soon as they said that, i'd check, and the sites were fine. then, a few minutes later--- crash. X(

yes, it's been intermittent at best today. yes, most recently, i've been down since 12 pacific time as well. hope they find a fix soon... :(

I only joined a month ago tomorrow but have had the appearance of more down time than up time. Is the uptime normally consistently good, or have I just come in at a bad time?
Im copping a belting from about 150 site subscribers aswell as having no clue as to whether I can offer them a promise of future service.

now im really tired of this..

all my asp pages wont load.. and everything i do is ASP..

if they dont find a fix for this by the end of the week i will change host again.. i think its a pity, i signed up 26th january and their support and service is really great, so is the price, but whn the server doesnt work, then its as good as nothing..

Back