ASP pages down

Discussion in 'H-Sphere Shared Hosting' started by AndyLL, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Atul

Atul Administrator Staff Member

We are doing whatever we can to ensure reliable services to our resellers. We just hired another System Administartor with many years of experice. Please do not judge us with this brief unpleasant experince. I am sure in few days time you will have service that you expect from us.
  2. Yash

Yash Bass

How are you submitting your tickets? Do so from the control panel

ASP is working at the moment. If ASP goes down, all you have to do is submit a ticket and one of the techs will restart IIS immediately

What we are doing now is putting high-traffic and MS Access based websites in their own application pool.
  3. DirtBag

DirtBag Perch

i have submitted several tickets in the cp.. and after ive got an answer saying everything is ok, it is ok.. five minutes after, asp processing has stopped again..

i have also asked for moving my site to another server, but it seems like they dont want to answer that

and btw, im not here 24/7 so i cant monitor my website al the time, so its gonna be hard to submit a ticket every time ASP processing stops..
  4. Yash

Yash Bass

I don't see that ticket opened dirtbag (regarding server move)

Anyway, I believe we have solved this problem. We isolated several sites that could have been responsible and put them in a different Application Pool. We are monitoring them. But ASP may go down once more so if you notice it submit a ticket immediately

Currently all new signups are going on Win2 so resellers and new customers need not worry
  5. DirtBag

DirtBag Perch

ok..

ill see how this is going and come back to you if i get nay problems..

thanks!
  6. Yash

Yash Bass

We got him :D
    (I think)

One person's code gave so much trouble, wow
  7. DirtBag

DirtBag Perch

:evil:

give him a real kick in his ass
  8. Ron

Ron Perch

glad you got that sucker... what did you do with him? :)
  9. Yash

Yash Bass

Nothing really. We moved him to his own application pool so he can't cause any damage to other sites but his own :)
  10. Yash

Yash Bass

Application Pools are a really nice feature of IIS6. The next time we find a site that is abusing CPU or memory, instead of disabling it we can put it in its own application pool and limit its resources :)
  11. psyance

psyance Perch

Did you let the person know that it was their stuff causing all the problems so that they canfix it?

. psyance .
  12. Yash

Yash Bass

No, his site is working now. When he complains that ASP has crashed for him, we'll let him know
  13. DirtBag

DirtBag Perch

14. yoke

yoke Guppy

what is his website?? :D
  15. AndyLL

AndyLL Perch

OK... ASP has gone down on my site again. I hope you are not going to tell me it's my site causing the problems. (I'd be surprised... my ASP pages are pretty simplistic.)

Andy
    www.alittlebaby.com
  16. yoke

yoke Guppy

Andy, i think it's your site that caused the problem for all of us!!! :D

it's that baby seat and especially the diaper genie.
    man, man!!
    those things not only caused the server intermitten problems but also cause my insomia!!!!! :tongue:

just kidding....
  17. Yash

Yash Bass

workin fine at the moment
  18. riley

riley Perch

No, no; it's those items combined with the Care Station Pack n Play. All those things together are just too much load for the server. Sorry Andy. I couldn't resist...

I have had some trouble with my sites lately too, but I think it's DNS related -- it loads slow after a long delay or I get Server Not Found.

rliey
  19. Yash

Yash Bass

What server? Please open a ticket immediately when you experience the problem

There is no way for us to diagnose issues if they are not reported to us. There are no DNS issues anymore. This could be related to something else
  20. Dustin D

Dustin D Guppy

My ASP pages just went down at 4:35 CT. I using all the standard Web Wiz Forum code (no mods) and reside on Win4. I submitted a ticket immediately at that time. I'm currently still down. Appreciate your quick support.