Custom Signup with XML API

i was lookin at your site, and i was looking at the 'sign-up' system....

you have:
Code:
<%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>     	 	 	 	   	             <% 	Dim strURL, strLength, counter, findSlash, lastSlash, pagename 	strURL = Request.ServerVariables("URL") 	strLength = len(strURL)  	FOR counter=1 TO strLength 	   findSlash=instr(counter,strURL,"/") 	   IF findslash = 0 then 	    lastSlash = instr(counter-1,strURL,"/") 	    exit FOR 	   END IF 	NEXT  	pagename = Mid(strURL,lastSlash+1,strLength)  %>
on the "choose your username / password" page, which is a cgi file, that looks like ASP to me

also do you have any basic demos you could send me of the API using 'Classic ASP' as id love to use it so i can offer email addresses on my site, and the only way (i can think) of it being automated is by using the API

and if you have demos of a custom signup page that'd be great too, as i the one thing i dislike about the signup process is its hard to see the 'next' button, and after seeing your site, i like the idea of the sign up being part of my site

Hiya scotty_32 (dj air from WWF).

ive created a script using thdrought perl script and incorperated it with an asp page executing to a perl page.

the script ive made is very simple. it just authinticates the user . but now thats working i'll think about adding some features... i would think making email feature would not be to hard...

ill look into it.. if you want to contact me. my MSN is aaronhoc [AT] Hotmail .com

or you can email me. Aaron [AT] emagine-hosts .com

i belive scotty32 wanted to allow users to signer up an email account like hotmail etc.. fo his users...

create an email account from the website.

im not to sure how to use that feature yet, im still looking at it.

ive managed to get my application working but that was simple authinticating.

Since the "submit" button must have a value that is indicated on the customization script i would assume that nothing else is needed except for a form based on the variables given. Tha looks a too simple to be true.

I searched the psoft forums but with no locuk on that subject.

Yes, it is that simple...depending on what you want to do.

My forms are a little more complicated due to the fact that I must work with a third party for my domain names. But, if it wasn't for them, it would be simple forms with validation sending the required data to a script which submits to the HSphere XML API.

As for the workings of the XML API signupUser class, I am working on trying to get a good response. If anyone has good SOAP::Lite skills, I would love a hand. Otherwise, it might take me a long time. You can email me directly at [email protected]. See http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=4248

Thanks,
Tom Drought

Will the method i meantioned earlier (which submits directly through hsphere) work if we are resellers?

Will it work if i'm using jodohost's domain registrar as my primary registrar (through hsphere of course).

Can i make the form and php and submit the information directly to hsphere
Code:
<form name="login" action="protocol://cp.domain.name:PORT/psoft/servlet/psoft.hsphere.CP" method="POST">

Dave96 said:
Will the method i meantioned earlier (which submits directly through hsphere) work if we are resellers?

Will it work if i'm using jodohost's domain registrar as my primary registrar (through hsphere of course).

Can i make the form and php and submit the information directly to hsphere
Code:
<form name="login" action="protocol://cp.domain.name:PORT/psoft/servlet/psoft.hsphere.CP" method="POST">

Yes, it will work for resellers. Yes, you can code to pass domain setup information through jodohost. No, you will be submitting your form to another script which will need to pass the information with SOAP (.Net or Perl script), or HTTPPOST.

Yash said:
great, so XML API is now working?
Yes, it's working. I had the code all along, but had problems with the authToken. Now that I have resolved that, which was actually a stupid mistake on my part, I have been able to code a few scripts that work.

It works for shared hosting also. I created a sample script that creates mailboxes and I ran it from one of my test Hosting users accounts. Worked great. :D

Yash the PM i sent you says about it working.. and where you can access the code.

i have my Archive manager that i was talking about a few months ago working 100% now.

thdrought,

i'd be intrsted to see the code used for mail boxes.. i'd like to see some examples then i can work on modifing for my own applications

im new to the API and some XML i only looked into both so i could use authintication on the CP login and password.

getting to know a bit more (new things).

fancy sharing your script to create mail-box's?
biggrin.gif

and if you could share the custom signup aswell that'd be great too

i dont know perl at all and am just trying to understand samples that e:magine sent me so i wouldnt be much help in creatin this.... unless theres an ASP part i could help with
pleased.gif

but any samples you have would be great and hopefully will help me understand all this

email any samples you've got to: scotty32 at gmail .com

I'm thinking about implementing a high level API in .NET, but it would really help if the WSDL files were present. It saves everyone that wants to use the API a lot of tedious work.

Apparently the WSDL files aren't generated as part of the standard installation procedure :/ But there's documentation on how to generate them here (hint hint).

As I understand it, running a few commands on the CP server is all that's needed:

java org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL -o WebServices.wsdl -l"http://localhost:8180/psoft/servlet/AxisServlet" psoft.hsphere.axis.WebServices
java org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL -o UserServices.wsdl -l"http://localhost:8180/psoft/servlet/AxisServlet" psoft.hsphere.axis.UserServices
java org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL -o MailServices.wsdl -l"http://localhost:8180/psoft/servlet/AxisServlet" psoft.hsphere.axis.MailServices
etc.

Subspace,

We will try to generate the files again, but in the past it has not worked right, of course the api itself didn't work right in the past either, and it is now :)

Actually, I am not the one to talk to, I am more the conduit to people on some of the CP and Unix issues.

(But I have no new word on this as of yet)

Stephen said:
Actually, I am not the one to talk to, I am more the conduit to people on some of the CP and Unix issues.

Nope, but you are most active on the forums at the moment, so you're our victim :)

Hi Stephen,
I was asking about the post from Subspace that explained how to generate the wsdl files on the CP server. Are you not the person who looks after the CP? Sorry if I am confused:)

Back