ftp problems

it seems i can't stay connected to the ftp host very long. this cannot be a dns issue because I am connecting through win6.jodoshared.com

i will start a transfer session, and i get diconnected constantly I have tried many times today to transfer only 11mb's of about 2000 or so files. This is a redundant issue, i have check everything i can think of on my end. I can ftp into my other sites without any problems. Please can someone look into this?

update and more deatails on situation.

I have taken the same data I am trying to transfer:
(specifically 11.0 MB of data, 913 files, 82 folders)
(DotNetNuke_2.0.3 basic installation)

I have transferred this same data (just minutes ago) to "2" completely different hosting compaines on 2 different domains. I did not receive any errors whatsoever.

I am using recent verions of Ipswitch FTP software. I have used this same companies software to FTP files since 1997.

My jodohost account standing is as follows:
*97.14 MB out of 400 MB limit

The average upload transfer rate at which i can upload to jodohost is approx 15KB/s.

The average upload transfer rate at which I uploaded these very same files to just minutes ago is around 45KB/s.

I cannot stay connected to this ftp server for some reason.

Thank You.

We had to do a restart about 15 minutes ago. That may have reset your connection

Try now, you will not have a problem.

More info

I transfer 1 MP3 file, 5MB in size without ANY problem. I transfer multiple files, I have problems. I have decreased the number of upload threads to 1 and still the same issues.

I have had to reupload files because they appear corrupt. I have set up Dot Net Nuke many many times. I could not for the life of me get DNN running, and I feel it may be because my files are not being transferred properly. I have been working on and off all day, and was hoping to be able to solve this problem myself.

?(

I have a few questions if you don't mind:
Where is this server located? (I am just outside los angeles)
What type of FTP server am I ftp'ing into?
What OS is my site running on? (2k? 2k3?)

I'm uploading a 15MB file right now and its going smoothly, hasn't broken. I really can't see any possibility from our end except that restart that may be breaking your connection. No customer so far has complained about any FTP issue on Win6 (and this server has quite a few number of customers)

What I suspect is that there may be an issue with the route your connection may be taking. Where are you located? Could you open a ticket with a traceroute to Win6? Is there any packet loss on the way?

Try your upload again and tell me if it breaks

SomeDude said:
I have a few questions if you don't mind:
Where is this server located? (I am just outside los angeles)
What type of FTP server am I ftp'ing into?
What OS is my site running on? (2k? 2k3?)

1) Miami, Florida
2) Windows FTP
3) Windows 2000

If you want, upload a zip of your files to the server and we can unzip it for you

When your upload breaks, do you get disconnected or does the FTP server stop responding to you?

i just uploaded over 100mb's a few days ago to this same server. There were disconnects, but not near as much as today. I just tried uploading all the files again after the restart, same thing happens.

I am now uploading the DNN zip into folder /zorn

Please try switching to PORT/Active mode instead of PASV mode. Tell me if that helps

Are you behind some sort of proxy? Could your firewall be interfering? (try disabling it)

Also, are you getting a disconnect or does the server stop responding?

could you please tell me your FTP username?
I see currently 7 FTP sessions on the server.. i'll monitor your's.

can you please tell me if you try to upload the same files I am trying upload, are you getting the same issues? and i mean thru an ftp client.

I see 2 FTP sessions open for your account which are currently at 10 minutes and counting. 1 just closed off

The longest session (by another customer) is 1 hour and 42 minutes. Really don't see any random disconnections here

Where is the zip located?

i don't understand, do you want me to try and upload the files again while you monitor, or are you going to unzip the file that I uploaded?

I see a new session created by you now which is at 10 seconds. Your other session is now at 12 minutes

Are you doing anything in that 12 minutes session?

SomeDude said:
i don't understand, do you want me to try and upload the files again while you monitor, or are you going to unzip the file that I uploaded?

just tell me where the zip is so I can unzip it

Back