ftp problems

Please also try using PORT/Active mode while tranfering files as well as disabling your firewall and proxy

the only option i find in web sphere is to enable or disable aspnet.

i cannot find the option to make a directory an asp.net application folder, as in some other host control panels. Although your host control panel has many more options then some of my other hosts. The way it's setup, to me (the user) i would think that enabling aspnet would make any directory in my site an application. Will i need to contact you in the future should I require this same option?

SomeDude said:
I am using recent verions of Ipswitch FTP software. I have used this same companies software to FTP files since 1997.

Hey Dude!

Now I also use WS FTP Pro and had run into a similar situation where the program just shut down after displaying an error message. My problem may not at all be related to yours, but in case it is I'll share the solution I found.

I wrote back and forth to Ipswitch customer service until a suggestion was found in connection with Windows XP service Pack 1 (a problem that didn't happen the first time around).

1) Highlight the FTP account in the "Connect to Remote Host" screen, and then select the "edit" option.

2) Select the "Session" tab.

3) On the bottom of that screen it says: "Maximum number of transfer connections: Set it to zero (0).

4) Click OK

For some reason I seem to forget this when I create a new FTP account and each time it shuts down on me after making a few transfers, I remember to do this. And the problem goes away.

Hope this can be a help to you.

Jim

Back