Location of servers?

I really can't understand how your pages can be so slow. I'm doing some fairly advanced database stuff on my website and it still runs pretty good.

Less latency between webserver and database server is of course good, but I'm not looking forward to using Enterprise Manager with the 145ms ping time :(

Subspace, the latency is going to vary for customers around the world. US customers don't notice a thing. For international customers, some may notice a slight decrease, some may notice a slight increase. It was the same way when we shifted from PA to Superb. Some customers benefited, some didn't. But the overal benefit or loss is very small. a ~ 30ms difference isn't noticible at all

From India, we get a 375ms ping to superb and a 350 ping to acceleratebiz. Our connection is routed through singapore. 350ms is still double what you are getting from the Netherlands. In the US, it would be under 50ms yet when I access our site from the US I see absolutely no difference.

But for MS SQL, it is an issue... the amount of traffic between our web servers and ms sql servers is very large. They have to be on the same network

lol, have just wizzed over to change that connection string as requested and you've done it for me, again wow how efficient is that! 8) :D

yeah, I decided I'd change the IP for you and dirtbag. Wanted to see if the execution times had come down and they have :)

Yash,

All I can say is THANK YOU... You guys have done a great job.

I have just changed the connection string and my forum page that was taking 35 seconds to load, is now loading in 1.687 seconds.... that is not a mistake, let me say it again - 35 seconds to under 2 seconds.

I think Jodohost need a pat on the back for this one.

Thanks again.

Huthy

Hmmm, my main forum page load time went from 0.8-1.0 seconds to 0.15-0.25 seconds 8)
(measuring ASP execution time)

before we were moved, execution time in my WWFs main page were between 0.5 and 1.0, now it's 0.15 to 0.3! cool..
Yash said:
yeah, I decided I'd change the IP for you and dirtbag. Wanted to see if the execution times had come down and they have
?(

yorri said:
I'm sure this is not 100% accurate but it's better than nothing.

It probably isn't. For one thing it doesn't account for actual transfer times and at least part of the script interpretation time. However, since we were discussing load times of MSSQL database heavy sites from different webservers, it was accurate enough.

This was a 41 day old thread btw :)

Back