names of support staff in tickets

snooper

Perch
can we request that support staff always sign their name when they answer a ticket? i just had a ticket closed for no reason - and without an answer - and of course the staff member "forgot" to sign his/her name.

whoever it was also seemed to have a problem with understanding English - but thats another issue....

thanks

I think that your statement about English is insulting. My own observation is that sometimes tickets seem only to be partially read, which then could result in incorrect action and responses. That staff make the occasional grammatical and spelling errors is to be forgiven as long as the solutions are accurate.

eko said:
I think that your statement about English is insulting. My own observation is that sometimes tickets seem only to be partially read, which then could result in incorrect action and responses.

I disagree that it was insulting. Inappropriate or Inaccurate?? Maybe but until you read the ticket how are you to know what it contains??

Also, comparing YOUR experiences to this person's ticket doesn't make it the same case. That is generalizing and until you read the ticket, you have no idea what the contents are.

If what is said is true (not making a judgement here) then I think it is completely appropriate to bring the issue up (again provided it is true but I am not going to guess what the contents were).

The quality of the argument gets lost, whenever someone writes about the language skills of someone else and then doesn't follow good practice, i.e. the use of capital letters.

Many people, including myself, have problems with making their posts explicit enough for others to interprete as we hope them to do. For example my post was not about making inferential statements about others, but it was interpreted as such, which I regret.

And the quality of the argument gets lost when one bases his argument on assumptions as you have done.

Works both ways.

Also, your post was not interpreted since you made a direct comment based on an assumption. There is nothing to interpret there.

Our staff does sign with their names. At times, staff may incorrectly read a ticket considering, everyone is human

If however that happens, please do report it to me or Atul or via the helpline address. Do mention the ticket ID

I dont consider anything insulting. We don't hire people with poor language or written skills and all the staff on support do have good language skills. However if you feel otherwise, please report

All of them are very good system administrations which is the major basis on selection

Yorri, any communication is interpreted by the receiver, that's basic communication theory. It's possible that we inteprete each others' messages differently and hence end-up in a debate like this which frankly distracts from the cause.

You mentioned your ticket was closed. It might not have been closed or even looked into by support, might have been closed by the system as an error. Could you simply resubmit that ticket?

To all:

the main issue of this thread was not the language skills, but about support signing names. lets make that clear.

but, seen as it has been taken various ways, i want to clarify: and for the record - i make too many spelling mistakes myself to pick up spelling and grammar mistakes by others. i'm talking about basic reading/understanding skills.
i have had various opportunities (in the limited 8+ months i've been here) to see that there is a language problem. thats a fact. if you choose to be insulted by the fact - then thats your issue, but its a fact. it might not be a nice fact, but still a fact. compare it to someone telling me i'm fat. am i? if i indeed am - then its a fact. its not a nice fact, but i can still choose whether to be insulted or not.
one then gets to an issue of how to say things - and i dont think i brought up the language thing in a derogatary (Spelling?) way at all. i just noted that i think there's a problem understyanding english. i can think of 10 different ways to say the same thing, but in a trully derogatary way, but i honestly dont think i did.

to Yash:
the ticket was indeed closed, and not by error.
and your comment about sending to the helpline - well, i've doe that on numerous occasions (look for the threads here in the forum!) and i have got no response what so ever.

snooper said:

to Yash:
the ticket was indeed closed, and not by error.
and your comment about sending to the helpline - well, i've doe that on numerous occasions (look for the threads here in the forum!) and i have got no response what so ever.

snooper, I am highly doubtful that any ticket would be closed by our staff on purpose.. That is totally unacceptable to me and to us at JodoHost. I am pretty sure that system may have closed it (tickets get automatically closed after they are 5 days old) or they are closed.

I'm checking whats wrong with helpline. Haven't received any email on that for sometime.. Do PM me the ticket ID in concern

Snooper, point made, however slight error:

You state "..it to someone telling me i'm fat. am i? if i indeed am - then its a fact. its not a nice fact, but i can still choose whether to be insulted or not."

The concept of being fat or not is in the eye of the beholder and as such open to interpretation. Even the medical world doesn't agree on obesity related issues. Is e.g. a heavy weight boxer or suma wrestler too fat or over-weight? Are the women in Ruben's paintings too fat and was that the interpretation in the cultural context of his time?

The "truth" or "facts" depends on where one is on the range of objective <-> interpretive worldviews.

snooper said:
you keep saying that and we keep telling you that your PM box is full

email helpline#@#jodohost.com, its now working

I am sorry, i keep clearing out my inbox and it keeps filling up! :(

I however believe that our staff does have very good communication skills and 99% of the tickets sent in our answered accurately. I'm just going through today's tickets and I do feel they are being answered very well

There may be the occasional case of a miscommunication or misunderstanding. Please do report such cases.

One thing to consider whenever sending in a ticket is the use of slang or other terminology that might differ in various English speaking parts of the world. Jodohost has customers in practically every English speaking country, and there can be some big differences in what something means depending on point of reference. For instance, ask someone in London and someone in Chicago what a "fag" is, and you're gonna get some very different answers!

If English is not someone's native language, their understanding of certain phrases, cliches, slang, etc. can be limited based on where and how they learned English. My wife is from Korea, and speaks English well. But even after over 17 years together, 16 here in the U.S., she still doesn't always understand what I mean. Spoken and written English each can pose unique challenges, and a little patience goes a long way. It also helps when the message receiver is willing to admit when they don't fully understand what the sender is trying to say.

None of this may be applicable in the situations in this thread, but I think it is something worth considering whenever we communicate with each other.

Gary

Living in Montreal, Canada I am very well aware of the difference of english vs other language debate :)

Yash said:
email helpline#@#jodohost.com, its now working

got the auto-reply, thanks.

also got this:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.m****here.biz.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<rinkesh#@#jodohost.com>:
user is over quota

--- Enclosed are the original headers of the message.​

Back