Nameservers down

Yash said:
That's very bad. I'm sorry about that, open a ticket immediately and we'll correct the zone files

The obsoleted Nameservers seem to be working now, but I've updated the ticket (4753) because my assigned secondary NS is not responding at all atm.
At least the other 3 are working, so my webpages are working again, more or less ;)

I'm pretty sure the old name server IPs must have kicked in by now. You may not be noticing it but most internet users would be landing up at the correct destination

No, they haven't :( Thank dotearth.com for completely ignoring the changes I've made to my reseller domain even though they sent a confirmation mail, only for me to find out over a day later so I can resubmit them...

Yash, what is going on with these DNS settings? You indicate that this is "very bad" and say "open a ticket immediately and we'll correct the zone files". I open a ticket and I'm told that's the default setting and don't worry about it. I even referenced this thread in my ticket. You might think that the tech would have read the thread, seen that you have told me how bad this is, and answered me in a little different way. You say it's bad and he says it's fine.

Please clarify. This is getting confusing.

Brawney, SubSpace's issue is totally different from your's.

SubSpace is using our new name servers. You as a shared customer are using our old and stable new name servers

The Zone transfers between the old and new name servers were getting corrupt. We decided to scrap the new name servers plan and stick with the old DNS servers because they are stable now

Yash said:
Brawney, SubSpace's issue is totally different from your's.

SubSpace is using our new name servers. You as a shared customer are using our old and stable new name servers

The Zone transfers between the old and new name servers were getting corrupt. We decided to scrap the new name servers plan and stick with the old DNS servers because they are stable now
OK, so you're saying that the problems reported by the dnsreport.com tool that I mention in message #14 of this thread are nothing to worry about? Even though the report says "This can cause a serious problem in some cases" and "A value that is too high will cause DNS changes to be in limbo for a long time"?

Back