Need Semi or Managed

I've sent a couple tickets and gotten conflicting information about the future availablility of VDS for Windows. At one time Stephen said it was coming in 2-3 weeks. Then when I asked for an update I was told there were no plans. I asked for clarification on that, but recieved no response.

I tried the Live Chat too, but got no response.

So I'm trying here too. :)

I have a client that needs ASPpdf. I understand this is not allowed on shared. What I need to know ASAP is:

1. Whether Jodo will be offering VDS for Windows and when, and
2. If fully managed is another option for getting ASPpdf.

I have a client in a crisis situation that wants to set this up immediately.

Could you let me know what Jodo has to offer that will allow for ASPpdf? Also, I need to verify with someone what the pricing will be - not quite sure I fully understood the pricing mentioned on the fully managed page.

Thanks!

Yes, I saw your chat with Akshay, Yash and I are the authoritative answer on VDS.

Ranjan should have never said no plans :) He just did not know them.

It was planned to launch this week, but the server was instead used for mail3 in emergency situation.

I am the one that will be setting up the services and this will be available toward the end of next week if all the hardware gets in and we get it tested on schedule.

I will let you know if there is any further delay there, but I do not foresee any, this is a service we really need, and are very anxious to get launched.

Sounds great!!!

In the meantime, if they just can't wait for that, would the fully managed be an option that would work with ASPpdf?

The managed will not be at full launch until the end of July.
We do not have any in stock, and the plans will get revised soon.

We will release a statement soon :) With pricing plans that I think people will like.

This won't be able to be resold from the hsphere interface like linux freevps(name of the vps software) that psoft makes is currently integrated. This will be more manual setup for us, but it should be rewarding for those needing ASP.NET full trust, and generally more control over their setup.

Places we have customers wanting this:
*ASP.NET 1.1/2 customization away from "shared" style
*SharePoint Services 2.0
*Needing certain COM objects we can't/won't put in shared enviroment
*Needing file permissions that we can not grant for security reasons
*Wanting the "power" of a dedicated server without the cost, and used as a learning platform, but easily movable down the road to a full dedicated server
*Ability to run a development task that we don't allow in shared
I am sure there are some others, but that's what I have heard/seen most :)

Can you just tell us the platform you are choosing for the virtualization? (Virtozzo, MS Virtual Server 2005, VMWare)

Well it was going to be vmware, but the overheard was too great to do more than 5-7 per machine, so it is going to be Virtuozzo.

With 5-7 per machine for the beast we built for it, they would have been as expensive as a dedicated server, and we did not want that.

The IO needs of the VMWare and MS VS solutions were just to great in the end, if we could have gotten 10 per server without degrading performance we would have done so. Even with SCSI you hit some major limits sometimes. Also worth note was that in the end the whoel HD would be filled with OS images instead of usable space, so we made a substantial investment in Virtuozzo and will be using it.

Ah thats too bad in my mind I think VMWare is the best product out there for virtual machines. We use it here at work, but of course we are running the esx version so I'm sure the helps alot too, not to mention is costs an arm and a leg. (Love V-Motion, best thing ever)

Still can't wait to see what you are offering, currently looking for a vds but haven't found the perfect one yet, so I think Ill be sitting on the edge of my seat to see what you have.

Keep up the great work !!!!!!!

Yes VMware is good, and we could get it cheaper than Virtuozzo for the software, but the monthly side was not adding up for such small amount of servers running virutalized in a manner that would be cost effect to the end user.
Our target all along was to run 16 in a manner that was GOOD for all, and only Virtuzzo will allow that.

Overall we wanted it to be along the same lines as the SD server 10-15 users that had a great amount of resources and performance would be good at all times even on high traffic forums and such, VMware and MS Virtual Server did not get us there.

Personally I like them Both(vmware msvs), and if using it for 4 machines virtually, it really rocks! I have run a hsphere test cluster all on one computer, on both MS VS and VMware GSX, at the time MS VS was actually faster as it supported 64bit, now Vmware does and I will have to give it a shot again sometime soon.

So how's progress going? :) Still looking like it will be available end of this week? Maybe next week?

... just pacing with anticipation here. ;)

Parts all came in today, should have the virtuozzo software downloadable by thursday, so all looks on schedule for friday/saturday, I will left you know by thursday if any change in this.

OK, all parts BUT heatsinks have come in I learn today, we are trying to get verification on when they are coming in. I will update here this afternoon if they will not be in by friday.

Well I have some slightly bad news, It looks like it will be Monday or Tuesday before we can go with this, the processors came in, but only ONE of the Opteron 265's and they put the other on back order, it will be shipping out tomorrow and in by monday.

Back