Need Semi or Managed

very much so, espeically when the initial shipping invoice said that the 265 CPU was there :(

No, I am quite upset, I just called again, and they said Dell has purchased all the 265's available(not just from them, but from the whole "channel").

I am not going to let this rest, and I am working on an alternative plan. I could bring it up with half the CPU and RAM we had planned, but this would mean downtime in a few weeks to upgrade the parts(cpu and the extra ram, that we already have, for the other cpu) then, and I am not sure anyone will go for this.Edit: We ordered these on 5/1/2006 as well, so its not like we did not plan for a little delay, but again this is extreme.

We are waiting also on the arrival of a new stock of 146GB SCSI hard drives. Should be in this week.
Stephen is being a little optimistic here. :) By all means, we should have Windows VPS plans available by the 2nd week of June. Hopefully much sooner.
We are not happy with our current supplier for AMD as Stephen states and that is pretty much the only reason for delay
Resellers would be able to resell Windows VPS towards the end of July.

We will be offering Plesk for Windows as a control panel option for Windows VPS to manage domains and allow VPS customers to sell hosting.
We have chosen Virtuozzo for the economy. with VMWare, VPS pricing would be closer to low-end windows dedicated servers

Just doesn't ring well with me when they tell me they got the cpu in last thursday and it will be shipping friday morning with next day delivery, then they tell me it is backordered again monday morning when they pick up the phone :(

Wait my times are off that was Wednesday they told me it was shipping Thursday.

Edit: I have learned my lesson, don't give dates, someone will spoil it for you! Just say soon forever, until the you have the parts list checked off and 100% verified.

Hey I understand your frustration, I would rather see you do it right from the beginning instead of just throwing it out there to just provide the service on what you don't feel comfortable with. Do what you guys need to do........ :]

Is it possible to get a feel of what you might offer package wise?

we are looking to start at a competitive range. So you can look around and see what the markets offering to get an idea where we may price.

Right now however, we still have a few meetings up ahead to finalise pricing for Windows VPS..

I'm Really confused.

Is this tread saying that Windows will soon be able to have VM enabled through Virtuozzo?

Wasn't Linux supposed to get Virtuozzo for it's VM?

Does Linux still use the Free software for it's VM?

Thanks!!

This is no fairy tale or joke. I am testing the VPS hardware/software yesterday/today, a public announcement of availability will be coming very soon.

Stephen said:
This is no fairy tale or joke. I am testing the VPS hardware/software yesterday/today, a public announcement of availability will be coming very soon.

Jodo has got to be close to needing a new Windows admin now that you are about to take on virtual servers. Heck you can't do, but so much until you are spread too thin.

gsaunders.. you may not realise but alot of the day to day issues on the Windows servers.. from management to backup to some troubleshooting is not done by Stephen. Stephen does a small percentage of the tickets/chats. we moved him out of Miami and he no longer handles hardware setup and issues.

So while Stephen does alot of other work including handling many complicated technical issues, laying out policies and guiding our techs... he is not the only Windows admin :)

It's not very easy to hire another Stephen. He has alot of experience in troubleshooting and Hsphere which is very very hard to find. We are trying to develop our current windows administrators.

Wow, I am super glad I am not the only windows admin too, I'd be dead of exhaustion!

We have team members whos primary focus is windows. We have quite a bit happening behind the scene and while I am not taking such an active role in tickets and chat, I am doing a whole lot of work on other tasks(winVPS one of them), and still there for tickets when really needed.

Back