Query from potential customer

Greetings. I have heard nothing but praise from my associates about Jodohost as a web host, and was considering obtaining one of your shared or VPS plans for my organization with the intent of migrating its website. First, however, I had a few questions I hoped could be answered.

1) Unimpeded e-mail traffic is crucial to the healthy operation of our organization. For instance, we have many scripts that operate as mini-mailing lists of sorts. Are there any restrictions on either the VPS or shared accounts with regards to the amount of permitted outgoing mail? I know, for instance, that a previous host of ours disabled mail messages after a certain point.

2) I work on behalf of an organization that advocates for children. Do you offer any type of discount or package for non-profit organizations?

3) This is going to sound like a really foolish question, but are disk-backups included in the allowable disk space per plan?

Thank you for your time,
Andrew

1) Unimpeded e-mail traffic is crucial to the healthy operation of our organization. For instance, we have many scripts that operate as mini-mailing lists of sorts. Are there any restrictions on either the VPS or shared accounts with regards to the amount of permitted outgoing mail? I know, for instance, that a previous host of ours disabled mail messages after a certain point.

> We have a mass mailing policy so that after 100 mails a day it blocks to prevent spammers from signing up for an account and spamming uncontrolled, but we also have a mass mail permissions form that we add you the ignore list and bypass this. VPS does not have this limit, but of course spam would still not be acceptable(and I know you are not spamming by what you have said, just making it clear to all)

2) I work on behalf of an organization that advocates for children. Do you offer any type of discount or package for non-profit organizations?

>You would need to speak to the sales team, I don't know the policy on this.

3) This is going to sound like a really foolish question, but are disk-backups included in the allowable disk space per plan?

We do our backups and they do not count against, if you want to do the account backup feature and store a tar.gz archive then yes it would count against, however you can also download that file and delete it as keep the copy locally on your PC and then of course it would not take space.

Back