Scheduled Maintenance Windows Servers Starting Friday 11pm - Monday 5am

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
We will be performing routine maintenance reboots and installation on all Windows servers between 11pm Central Daylight Time Friday and 5am Monday Morning.
Each server will have a period of maintenance to install the updates and reboot the servers. We will provide updates here as possible throughout the process. All servers will NOT be down during the entire window by any means, this is only to give time to do and focus on the servers individually as it is not possible to simply have it done and reboot all at the same time.

Win34 had rebooted, Win35 is rebooting, win33 is still installing. Win35 will have to install some more as a couple failed.

We have gotten reports of several times IIS sites having some reset errors, this is due to the patches installing and IIS down/up a bit, we are tying to keep this to a minimum but it does/will happen sometimes.

Win34 had a couple updates to fail and retrying them now as well.
Win35 is in progress for retrying as well.
Win33 is still on first run, going ok so far.

Win34 and Win35 are done, win33 is nearing done but I am not starting any further due to web9 incident response.
Win33 done.

Win33 will be installing some that failed last night/this morning at about 10pm, Win32 will be starting in about an hour, and Win31 will join shortly after.

Just as a note with how long it has taken the first batch and being sidetracked by web9, we won't be able to get all updated in this window, so we will have to continue it starting the following Friday night as well.

The win32 process seems to be keeping iis down a lot more than the others, but installs do look to be successful, and ongoing

These updates are taking a LOT longer than ever planned, I think I am not going to start any more tonight, will do 3 more tomorrow night and then send a mass mail and plan the others next weekend. I didn't know the IIS downtime was going to be as much as it is for the updates to successfully install. 5 updates in particular just won't install with IIS live.

Win33 done, Win32, done but some failed may need to do again, will evaluate. Win31 still in progress.

Win29/30 going well, win28 about to enter maintenance. These will be the only 3 tonight.

Back