Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800401F3) Invalid ProgID.

Hey, it's me again, rookie ASP.

I'm a bit baffled by this error. here is the code:

bidSQL = "SELECT bidId FROM tblAPBids WHERE bidAucId = " & SQLVal(lAucID) & " AND bidbidderId = " & SQLVAL(glUserID)
If FVal(giDBType) = 1 Then
Set rsBidder = Server.CreateObject("ADOBD.Recordset")
rsBidder.CursorLocation = 3
rsBidder.Open bidSQL, gobjConnect, 3, 1, &H0001 'adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly, adCmdText
Else
Set rsBidder = gobjConnect.Execute(bidSQL)
End If
'End if
'BACode: End SQL

sSQL = " SELECT aucID, aucBidCounts, aucEmailNotice, aucOwner, aucCatID, aucType, " & _
" aucShowBold, aucShowFeatured, aucShowInGallery, aucShowInPremiere, aucAvailable, " & _
" aucClose, aucStartingBid, aucFlashBuy, aucReserve, aucBidIncrement, aucBarterOffers," & _
" aucCurrentBid, aucCurrentBidID, aucCurrentBidder, aucProxyBid, aucIconName, " & _
" aucPaymentBmv, aucShipCostBmv, aucShipCostAmt, aucShipLimitsBmv, aucShipViaBmv, aucEscrowBmv, " & _
" aucQuantity, aucOrigQuantity, aucTitle, aucIMGFlag, aucImageURL, aucRegionID, aucLocation, " & _
" aucSuccess, aucRelisted, aucURL, aucViewCount, aucSerialNo, aucPartNo, aucProductCode, aucReferenceNo, aucThumbnail, " & _
" icnID, icnDescription, icnFileName," & _
" regID, regUserName, regFullName, regEnabled, regCreated, regEmail, regHasProfile, " & _
" aucDescription" & _
" FROM (tblAPAuctions " & _
" LEFT JOIN tblAPIcons ON tblAPAuctions.aucIconName = tblAPIcons.icnID) " & _
" LEFT JOIN tblXUDUserRegistration ON tblAPAuctions.aucOwner = tblXUDUserRegistration.regID " & _
" WHERE aucID = " & SQLVal(lAucID) & _
" AND NOT aucStaged = " & SQLBool("Y")

If FVal(giDBType) = 1 Then
Set rsAuction = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
rsAuction.CursorLocation = 3 'adUseClient
rsAuction.Open sSQL, gobjConnect, 3, 1, &H0001 'adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly, adCmdText
Else
Set rsAuction = gobjConnect.Execute(sSQL)
End If

Now, I only get this error on the first attempt to create the database object,
set rsbidder = Server.Create...
, but not the second. If I take out the first database call, the second one runs perfectly.

I'm sure you ASP/Database people will be able to see right thru this.

Thank,

Brent

Dave, do you know I stared at that about 50 times to check the spelling. I swear it was spelled correctly, but I could not figure out what was going on.

Eventually I just cut and pasted the second connection set and adjusted the values, and of course it worked. Still, until now I didn't see it was mispelled.

Thanks. Now I know I'm not crazy. 8o

Soundcompanies : I don't know which database system you use (access, ms sql), but I think it might be shorter to create a stored procedure for this rather long statement. It improves loading time of your page, and stored procedures positively affect the speed of the database...

Regards,
Niels

Niels,

I agree. However, I am a complete rookie when it comes to ASP. This client is having me customize their out of box software (which is awful).

All I am doing is cutting, pasting, and changing a few lines here an there. Seems to be working thus far with only a few bumps in the road.

I tried to talk them into a Cold Fusion solution (AuctionBuilder by AbleCommerce), but you know how it goes. They wanted to spend $500, they got what they paid for.

Regardless, this is all just for testing their business model. They have consultants building their proprietary system from scratch, another thing I advised against.

They have, however, asked me to build a couple of custom modules for them. And since I don't know ASP, it's about time I learn.

Brent

Back