Site Down

Discussion in 'H-Sphere Shared Hosting' started by coldfusionman, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Good Oyster

Good Oyster Perch

Still wondering how I can access some of Jodo's servers and not others. Unless they still have a server up in Virginia or somewhere, as well as those in Miami.
  2. Yash

Yash Bass

routing issue explains everything

I've been at home and not been able to access anything for about 1 hour till now

Was able to access unix1 intermittently though. Our guys at office have been switching between ISPs like traffic lights
  3. Wondered the very same thing myself...
  4. Good Oyster

Good Oyster Perch

5. Yash

Yash Bass

Both sites are on the same network, but different servers
    I can access them both

They are even connected via the same switch
  6. Yash

Yash Bass

7. Good Oyster

Good Oyster Perch

8. Good Oyster

Good Oyster Perch

9. aelial

aelial Guppy

oh glorious day, my email opened! good luck to everyone else, hope the isp gods smile on you too.
  10. Yash

Yash Bass

yes, webhostingtalk.com was unavailable to me for about two hours, now its back up

traffic at webhostingtalk.com is about 1/5th its normal so there is definately problems here
  11. Good Oyster

Good Oyster Perch

Well, at least when clients call I can blame the internet!
  12. Yash

Yash Bass

This is definately Level3

All customers that are transiting via Level3 while trying to connect to us are having problems

level3 has a very wide network in the US.
  13. Yay...

Sounds like you are having fun Yash, heh...
  14. Yash

Yash Bass

i've been talking with the techs at the NOC as well as the CEO there for the last 1 hour. They are totally helpless at the moment but they are talking with Level3
  15. devorem

devorem Perch

I have not submitted any trouble tickets because I know you guys know there are problems. If this turns into a SLA refund deal, is my lack of trouble-tickets going to be an issue if I try to get a refund for the downtime or will I be simply able to point out what happened and what sites are on what servers, etc? I know your main focus is on getting things working right now, but I'm just wondering if I am helping you guys or hurting myself by not submitting the tickets. The last time I applied for SLA credit, I never heard back and never got credit.
  16. Yash

Yash Bass

i talked to another host, one that competes with us directly. Have had issues whole morning as well...
  17. Yash

Yash Bass

Could you email me regarding the last time you were not given compensation. We normally get back to those requests within a maximum of 5 working days.

We are not going to be offering compensation for this. There is no connectivity issue between us and our tier-1. The problem is with transiting to us via certain networks.
  18. Yash

Yash Bass

things seem to be getting better now. I'm closing this thread now
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.