Sleeping through Wilma :)

:D Diesel is good, chilled water plant is down, the non critical areas of the DC are a bit warm, but the datacenter floor is good.

FPL is bringing some power back up to critical locations, and should be back on grid power soon.

Yash said:
Stephen is actually sleeping at the office. It is not as comfy as his home a little further away, but certainly better than rented rackspce ;)
What, a hammock slung between a couple of racks and he's set to go!

Good to hear that NAP weathered the storm well, I've been reading horror stories about other hosts.

Hatton

Glad to hear all is well at the NAP. It's good to know that NAP's backup systems were operational.

Here in Sarasota we were well north of where the eye made landfall, but we still received winds close to hurricane strength. We lost power for about 12 hours, and our cable was out from about 1 am Monday until around 1pm today (36 hours). So, no cable, no internet access! Boy, did I have a lot of spam to delete when I was finally able to check email!

Stephen, if you guys down there need anything, let me know and I may be able to make a run down to Miami.

Would not recommend coming this way unless oyu have a couple thousand gallons of GAS to sale, and get back yourself, none is here.

I am learning to adjust to the fact that my place won't have power until Nov 22nd, not something I look forward to.

How the heck can they know the exact date your power will be back on? My power company has a hard time even telling me what my bill is... :)

FPL.com has a lookup page with that data, I input my zip and portions of my bililng info, and it returns with the data :(

Hurricane Elvis (a straight line wind storm event) took out our power, as well as most of Memphis for four weeks, that is just no fun! With luck, they may get your power on sooner than projected.

Any more updates? Diesel still holding out etc?

Will NAP be able to cope till power comes back up??
Thanks

Hope your ok Stephen!!

NAP can continue without power for a number of weeks easily.

I do believe that the NAP is now getting at least 50% of its power from the grid. I'll let Stephen confirm that

NAP and the offices both are getting power from the grid for most work, but it is extrmeely dirty, both places are still running a mix of generator to the UPS feeds so that they have a stable power source, and the second any blips happen with grid power, the engines warm from idle to production levels.

However, outside the datacenters and hospticals, only the downtown businesses around them on the same grids have power, and that measn everyone from all miami dade county is coming here to eat, buy gas, and shop!

I still have no power, and am living out of the offices, FPL says it will be at least 2 more weeks in my area.

Stephen said:
I still have no power, and am living out of the offices, FPL says it will be at least 2 more weeks in my area.

I'm getting ready to move another client to Jodo... will the generators hold until power arrives. I can't have this one client down at all. Please let me know the outlook.

Thanks.

gsaunders, this is the NAP of Americas!! They have a very large fuel reserve and if they were ever running out, I am sure they'd have already ordered fresh reserves. I am not in the least worried.

I believe power is restored to the NAP. I'll let Stephen clarify current status.

Power is restored to all downtown, and has been for sometime, I am talking about my HOUSE! :D

Yash said:
gsaunders, this is the NAP of Americas!!

Yash, this is the Client I cannot lose!!

I couldn't resist. It just struck me funny the way you said it. To some NAP of Americas wouldn't mean a thing and just because they may be large doesn't mean they don't experience problems. Just look at Microsoft. :D

Anyway... I'm just kidding around. It struck me funny and I thought I would be funny back.

Glad things are starting to get power down there... Hope you finally get power to your home Steve.

Back