Suggestions for handling tickets

Dave

Perch
Number 1:
If a problem reported in a ticket cannot be fixed within the one hour response time stipulated in the auto-response message, it would be very helpful if a response was sent to indicate that someone is working on the ticket (if they are) or will be looking at the ticket in approx. X amount of hours. In the case of the latter response, a quick note to say we are now investigating the ticket issue would be extremely informative.

It is frustrating to receive no acknowledgement at all for 10 - 12 hours at a time. There's no way to know what to expect as far as timeframes, or if anyone is working on something or it's still waiting in a queue. We're left hanging. When it's affecting other people who visit your site and you receive complaint after complaint, it's nice to have a status update to respond back with.

Number 2:
Please indicate what problem was found and what the resolve was, rather than respond to a ticket with "the issue has been fixed". If there are follow-up issues or subsequent problems that require another ticket that may be related to the previous fix, having this information is helpful.

I feel these two communication suggestions would alleviate a lot of the stress involved with site troubles and maintenance.

Thanks!

I too would like to see both of these in a more consistent manner, but this isn't the first time this has been brought up.

Support = very good overall

Communication = not consistent

It is something we are working on by reformulaing our technical support staff, so when something takes longer you will get an update that it is being worked on, it may seem like an easy thing but I know form experience when you see an issue and start working on it sometimes you lose track of how long you have worked on it and an hour may pass in the meantime. :)

Number 2:
Please indicate what problem was found and what the resolve was, rather than respond to a ticket with "the issue has been fixed". If there are follow-up issues or subsequent problems that require another ticket that may be related to the previous fix, having this information is helpful.

Thanks!

I would like this .

I think the techincal abality of Jodo Host appears to be reasonable, although I have definetly experienced better at other hosts. Commuincations skills are very poor though in my opinion.

BalearicJobs,

We are IT professionals here, many with Engineering degrees. Many of us, have international exposure. In fact Yash and Stephen are both from the US. I would like to see where have you seen our communication poor, so that we can analyse it and fix.

Certainly we do not train our staff for colloquialism. Also we do not want to change accent of our staff, becuase we support customers in 60-70 countries. Our focus is providing best IT services and we are not a Call Center.

We never let a problem unattended. Our strength is to face it, fix it and move on.

We will add two new staff in November. One is having nearly 6 years of experince in hosting industry at Level 3. So, you will see ticket handling improved a lot from next month.

Commuincations skills are very poor though in my opinion.

Do you mean that fluency is not very good. Or do you mean we cannot effectively communicate with our customer base.

As far as communication goes, I really have seen very little issue in that area. I monitor our support responses and I really see very few cases of miscommunication. Yes I agree, we do make occasional spelling or grammatical errors but I do hope you appreciate the volume of support we are doing and how quickly we are able to turn around tickets.

Our aim has always been to deliver technically correct responses as fast as we can. We always believe that our customers would appreciate sound technical responses to fluff and "how do you do" type responses.

Do you mean that fluency is not very good. Or do you mean we cannot effectively communicate with our customer base.

As far as communication goes, I really have seen very little issue in that area. I monitor our support responses and I really see very few cases of miscommunication. Yes I agree, we do make occasional spelling or grammatical errors but I do hope you appreciate the volume of support we are doing and how quickly we are able to turn around tickets.

Our aim has always been to deliver technically correct responses as fast as we can. We always believe that our customers would appreciate sound technical responses to fluff and "how do you do" type responses.

Yash,

I think you have misscommunication problems, check this ticket RS #BJP-78470-735 where I ask the tech to update company name and address in my billing profile and he changes the profile type from credit card to 2checkout

I would like to think this happens mainly beacause neither mine nor the tech native language is english, but I am wondering if they read the entire ticket or just take a quick look ?

Some times I feel the tech ansers are not so friendly as I wish, they are not rude, they just aren't friendly

I think you have a great service and have recommended jodohost to some friends, but you usually make me fell alone mainly by not giving feedback on the status of my ticket.

Take this example, the recent mail 1 slowdown, you should have mailed all your costumers using that server and tell them the problem, that would save me lots of angry complains from my costumers and about 2 weeks of support tickets.

If you have mailed me with something like mail 1 is slow, see forum post ..., I could have told my costumers "yes, I now, the problem is ..., where are working on it"

Those little things make all the diference !

I think you have misscommunication problems, check this ticket RS #BJP-78470-735 where I ask the tech to update company name and address in my billing profile and he changes the profile type from credit card to 2checkout

this is what your ticket said:

I was updating my billing profile (2checkout) and Hsphere said "Internal Error, tech personal was notified"

I need to update it beacuase of legal issues in my country (invoices must have company name and tax number)

Can you update my profle to:

this was our response

Hello Nuno,

I have changed your billing profile from Credit Card to 2checkout.

Feel free to contact us for further assistance.

With regards

Rajan

(note i removed parts you may find sensitive)

Ranjan noted that you were trying to modify your 2checkout profile but CC profile was your default profile. He made 2CO default. I don't see miscommunication. I see a misunderstanding. Sometimes what you say doesn't exactly fit whats happening and tech support makes assumptions on the exact issue.

You clarified you need something additional done and tech support will look into this.

I hardly see this as a case of misccomunication. And honestly, I simply don't see this such of a big deal at all.
I would like to think this happens mainly beacause neither mine nor the tech native language is english, but I am wondering if they read the entire ticket or just take a quick look ?
Everyone speaks english here, that is not the issue.

Take this example, the recent mail 1 slowdown, you should have mailed all your costumers using that server and tell them the problem, that would save me lots of angry complains from my costumers and about 2 weeks of support tickets.

If you have mailed me with something like mail 1 is slow, see forum post ..., I could have told my costumers "yes, I now, the problem is ..., where are working on it"

If we could have sent out an email, we would have. This issue has nothing to do with poor communication skills of our staff though. we ALWAYS send out emails wherever possible.

There is no way we could send emails out to mail1 domains. We were also unsure if this internal email would reach clients in time, or this flood of mass emails would futher add to the queue and issues. Hence we chose to update the forum.

this is what your ticket said:

this was our response

(note i removed parts you may find sensitive)

Ranjan noted that you were trying to modify your 2checkout profile but CC profile was your default profile. He made 2CO default. I don't see miscommunication. I see a misunderstanding. Sometimes what you say doesn't exactly fit whats happening and tech support makes assumptions on the exact issue.

You clarified you need something additional done and tech support will look into this.

I hardly see this as a case of misccomunication. And honestly, I simply don't see this such of a big deal at all.

Everyone speaks english here, that is not the issue.

Misscommunication, misunderstanding 2 words same pratical meaning.
Its not a big deal, i never said it was

It was just one example to support my opinion of miscommunication

The fact is that I asked for one thing and another was done!
this is the issue.

I'm your client since Jun 2004 and satisfied with your service.
But I'm not the only one thinking your hosting service is mutch better than your support service.

Best Regards

If we could have sent out an email, we would have. This issue has nothing to do with poor communication skills of our staff though. we ALWAYS send out emails wherever possible.

There is no way we could send emails out to mail1 domains. We were also unsure if this internal email would reach clients in time, or this flood of mass emails would futher add to the queue and issues. Hence we chose to update the forum.

You are correct this issue has nothing to do with poor communication skills of your staff. I was to do with poor communication from jodohost and this is not the tread to talk about this

You could have used the same system you used to send the MSSQL9 announcment, it was sent 3 days after my first ticket about the mail issues

All I am trying to say is that I as a rellesser feel that should have been informed of any problem thay may affect my clients so I can warn them and take actions to minimize their problems

Just as a note, we get complaints for too many email notices at times already. We try to keep the best of both worlds here and have the forums that are an integral part of the communications we provide. Here in the forums we offer Email Subscriptions and RSS feeds for near immediate access to information.

Just as a note, we get complaints for too many email notices at times already. We try to keep the best of both worlds here and have the forums that are an integral part of the communications we provide. Here in the forums we offer Email Subscriptions and RSS feeds for near immediate access to information.

the RSS feeds seems a fine solution.

Just as an suggestion why don't mention it in the help.asp and give it more relevance here in the forum

I only found a reference in the faq section

It is a good idea, I will point it out to the web development side and try to have them integrate that :)

BalearicJobs,

We are IT professionals here, many with Engineering degrees. Many of us, have international exposure. In fact Yash and Stephen are both from the US. I would like to see where have you seen our communication poor, so that we can analyse it and fix.

Certainly we do not train our staff for colloquialism. Also we do not want to change accent of our staff, becuase we support customers in 60-70 countries. Our focus is providing best IT services and we are not a Call Center.

We never let a problem unattended. Our strength is to face it, fix it and move on.

We will add two new staff in November. One is having nearly 6 years of experince in hosting industry at Level 3. So, you will see ticket handling improved a lot from next month.

Overall I have been happy with the response time. However compared to previous hosts that I have had involvment in, in my personal opinion your customer care is not brilliant.

I have been in live chats and when I ask a question, the answer is often very abrupt, often there is no answer at all, just a link - on a couple of occasions I have been given a link to a website that was completly irrelevant, showing the question was not understood - that I don't mind as I may not have worded it perfectly, however if there is any doubt surely it would be best to talk to the customer rather than fob them off. It has to be said, I have waited several minutes for a response before and it has become apparent that I have been forgotten, when I prompt with something like "Are you still there?" - the usual response is "OK" and I have to re-ask the question.

I have no problems with the occasional spelling mistake or bits of poor English, that is not what I was trying to imply. It would be pot calling kettle anyway! :) I understand your an international company. Although I have found myself asking questions with all casual chat removed as it seems to confuse, but as I say that is perfectly understandable.

Also the other day, it turned out that an Access Datbase I was using was two large for the server and was causing problem and so I reduced it in size to 9mb, the best I could do - despite been on your Gold Windows account I was recommended to move to your VPS account otherwise they would rename my database causing it to not run anymore (which they did once already because I failed to see your 3 emails, my mistake). I have now opened a VPS account, however my technical abality is not brilliant and so it is taking me time to get use to this new service and the way I must administrate it, including installing programs and so on - for this reason I sent an email asking to be given a few days in order to set up the VPS server and move the site, asking that my Access database not be renamed again on my Shared Hosting account - that was several days ago and although the database hasn't been renamed, I recieved no email in return to acknowledge my request, leaving me in uncertaintainity to weather or not my website will continue operating while I complete the switch. I did begrude a bit having to swap servers at all as I feel that you should have the abality to host a 12mb Access database on your Gold package, however I accepted that as my mistake for not reading up more on your capabilities, it's been a costly mistake as I am now been forced to run both a Titanium shared account (I upgraded prior to taking the VPS account in the hope it would help) and a VPS Value account as well while I complete the switch.

I hope my feedback is helpful and thank you for your continued support.

Prakash has gotten your request and knows you are moving to VPS.

The issue really lies with Access and the fact that it really kills the server CPU and RAM, it is why we require customers to migrate to a SQL solution once they have a large number of connections. We extend the deadline e give if we get communications from the client, and the files are not changed in any form, if we get a reply and know it is being looked at. This is also why we recommend ALL users start right with SQL and not even use access, as it is a terrible system for website databases.

Feel free to email me about the VPS, you have my address. I have replied a number of your tickets and tried to give details for how I resolve the issue when I do so, but if you need to contact me directly there is no problem.

Hi Stephen

Yes, my orginal post was made prior to you dealing with the tickets, and I particualy appreciate you sorting out the MySQL server crashing.

The reason I am currently using Access is because the software that I use Webwiz, which is well written ASP application currently only supports this, or alternatively MySQL 4.1 or MSSQL. Its near impossible to convert the Access database to MSSQL even with Enterprise Manager and as far as I am aware you do not support MySQL 4.1 on your shared options (something I didn't think to check prior to moving to you), although I'm obviously pleased to get that facility on VPS.

I appreciate your offer of further assistance. My orginal point was that, espically via Live Chat, I have felt that communication is not always brilliant and I would describe it as inconsitent for the reasons I listed before, also failure to reply to emails is also sometimes frustrating, although my overall feeling towards Jodo Host is good.

Back