Worst Service I Have Ever Seen

Sorry guys, my site has been down all day and I have had no one be able to remedy my issues. It can't be that hard (coming from someone who runs a very succesful business on the internet). I have many .NET sites and projects running out there and do not understand the level of support (or lack of) that I have received (just restore my DB and everything should be fine). There is NO way I can recommend your services to anyone (be they client or not)... In fact, it just might be time for me to seek hosting elsewhere because the spotty service and extremely poor support is not worth the effort. I'd rather pay more... Bad... D- on my grade book (which does find it's way to many referral services). See ya...

X(

And yes, I agree with Inka, "it's always something that seems to be broken"...

1) All your tickets were answered in under 60 minutes.
2) Your site was down because you claim that your database on the new mssql server is not functioning properly. We asked for your database's password. We were able to login without a problem. We checked your code (something we are not obligated to do) and saw you were using the incorrect password. We corrected that
3) You claimed that there was something still wrong with the database, I told you that you can use the old database on the old server while we correct this. You say even the old database is not working which is impossible because we have not touched it. As far as the new database, we checked table by table and everything is there. We are once again trying to transfer it for you.

Your problem was worked on several times today. It was unique to you.

Your problem has been fixed by our support team. Your old database on the old server was working perfectly... We reimported the data files directly from the server rather from backup

All you had to do is change your connection to use the old database server but according to, was not working. That is not possible since we just reimported the filers from the old database server and your site is coming up fine

Guess you can't please everyone. At least the other 99% of users are happy with the exceptional support. Keep up the good work Yash/Team!

KCWebMonkey said:
Guess you can't please everyone. At least the other 99% of users are happy with the exceptional support. Keep up the good work Yash/Team!

Agreed. Some people don't seem capable of helping themselves. Yes, there have been a fair few problems here recently, but I'd challenge anyone to say that the support (and response times included) are anything but excellent.

Yash should only let users have control over SQL statements.

Place all the objects inside the "universal application.cfm"

The users should only see and use one line:

<cfset ResultSet = mySQL.goSQLgo(?SELECT FROM USERS?)>

or

<cfset ResultSet = sqlserver.goSQLgo(?INSERT INTO users?)>

or

<cfset ResultSet = postgres.goSQLgo(?CREATE TABLE?)>

All this can be done hands free without anyone clicking, typing or accessing anything manually, like it's done now.

icon11.gif
I agree. This is pretty bad service
To JodoHost,

I am starting to agree with the many others that say that JodoHost supplies bad service. I have left numerous trouble tickets, emails, and posts and I haven't had a response in over two days. This is horrible response time for your company. I would please like a response to the following question immediately:

Will we (the customer) be able to use ASPMail on mssql1 at any date in time? If so; when? If not; Why?

Pretty simple question to answer.

Tonto

tonto, we haven't been able to solve your problem, that's why no response from us.. We are not obligated to create MSSQL jobs for you, but we have. The MSSQL server is a database server, not an email server. I have no idea why you can't access ASPMail from your stored procedure, I recommend you use a script on your website.

Yash said:
tonto, we haven't been able to solve your problem, that's why no response from us.. We are not obligated to create MSSQL jobs for you, but we have. The MSSQL server is a database server, not an email server. I have no idea why you can't access ASPMail from your stored procedure, I recommend you use a script on your website.
As I certainly appreciate me being allowed to create MSSQL jobs; It doesn't really solve the problem that I have. The intent of being able to create a job was to send scheduled or triggered emails. Using ASPMail in a script from my site does not solve the problem either unless there is a way to call this page from an MSSQL job or trigger. Calling a page from script requires the extended procedure xp_cmdshell to call that page. I'm sure that we do not have permissions for this either. The reason that I can not access ASPMail from a stored procedure is because JodoHost has not given me the permissions for some of the extended stored procedures necessary to create the ASPMail object such as sp_OAcreate in the master database.

Now,
Why is it so difficult to answer this question:

Will we (as customers) ever be able to use any of the methods referenced above to send email via an MSSQL job, trigger, or stored procedure? If so; When? If not, Why?

I will be satisfied with a yes or no answer with an explanation. All previous responses to this very question have not specifically answered this question. I am only asking this question so that I can pursue another method of doing this if Jodo's answer is no.

Tonto

tonto, as I explained to you, our administrators have spent quite a few hours trying to figure out why you can't access ASPMail from your MSSQL Job. The component is properly registered and all necessary permissions have been given.

We're lost here. If we are able to solve this in the future, you'll be the first one to know. if you know how to solve this, then please update your ticket with a possible solution and it will be implemented

Yash said:
tonto, as I explained to you, our administrators have spent quite a few hours trying to figure out why you can't access ASPMail from your MSSQL Job. The component is properly registered and all necessary permissions have been given.

We're lost here. If we are able to solve this in the future, you'll be the first one to know. if you know how to solve this, then please update your ticket with a possible solution and it will be implemented
I know exactly how to fix this:

Give me permissions in the master database for:

xp_ServiceControl
sp_OACreate
sp_OADestroy
sp_OAGetErrorInfo
sp_OAGetProperty
sp_Method
sp_SetProperty
sp_Stop

extended stored procedures and any other stored procedures refrenced in these. This will allow the creation of the ASPMail object on mssql1. I will also relay this in a trouble ticket. However, No one seems to be responding to any of my ticktets regarding this matter. This is why I have been posting in this thread. It seems like any attacks on jodo's quality of service seem to get responded to faster.

Tonto

Tonto,

sp_OA procedures are notorious memory leakers and run single threaded -- so I don't recommend this approach.

A better approach is to have the xp_smtp_email extended stored procedure installed on the server in question. Please check http://sqldev.net/xp/xpsmtp.htm for more details. I use this successfully as a replacement for xp_sendmail.

chrischross said:
Tonto,

sp_OA procedures are notorious memory leakers and run single threaded -- so I don't recommend this approach.

A better approach is to have the xp_smtp_email extended stored procedure installed on the server in question. Please check http://sqldev.net/xp/xpsmtp.htm for more details. I use this successfully as a replacement for xp_sendmail.
Thanks for the tip. Are you currently using this with one of JodoHost's shared hosting plans?

Tonto

tonto said:
Thanks for the tip. Are you currently using this with one of JodoHost's shared hosting plans?

Tonto

Hi -- not using this solution with JodoHost, but maybe if we ask nice, maybe they'll offer it :D

Email from SQL Server has always been a pain -- and I've written just about every kind of interface to send email from SQL (xp_sendmail, sp_OA's, even command line blat) and this DLL is really the best approach.

I've just joined up and I'm still in my trial mode. The fact that JodoHost has a public forum is pretty cool.

chrischross said:
Hi -- not using this solution with JodoHost, but maybe if we ask nice, maybe they'll offer it :D

Email from SQL Server has always been a pain -- and I've written just about every kind of interface to send email from SQL (xp_sendmail, sp_OA's, even command line blat) and this DLL is really the best approach.

I've just joined up and I'm still in my trial mode. The fact that JodoHost has a public forum is pretty cool.
I like the forum as well. It's nice to be heard by many. I don't suppose that you would ask nice too? How about it Jodo? http://sqldev.net/xp/xpsmtp.htm

Tonto

tonto said:
I like the forum as well. It's nice to be heard by many. I don't suppose that you would ask nice too? How about it Jodo? http://sqldev.net/xp/xpsmtp.htm

Tonto

Hi Yash :))

What do you think -- could we add this as a extended stored procedure?? The SQL Public group would need EXEC permissions on the xp_smtp_sendmail extended stored procedure.

In my cluster environment, I just made sure to install the xpsmtp80.dll on both sides of the cluster and then just register it on the primary node. I've tested failover, and SMTP mail works in that scenario.

Thanks,

Chris

Yash said:
We installed this:
http://sqldev.net/xp/xpsmtp.htm

Let us know...
Yash and team,

Thank you so much for working with me on this matter. I just tried it and it works PERFECT. I guess that I have to eat my words for saying that Jodo has the worst service. At present; Jodo has supplied me with superb service. You have proven that you will work with the customer and make every attempt to resolve their issues. I appologize for any strong words that I may have said and look forward to a continued relationship with JodoHost. I will post a tutorial on how to use this after I have developed my application.

Thank You,

Tonto

tonto said:
Yash and team,

Thank you so much for working with me on this matter. I just tried it and it works PERFECT. I guess that I have to eat my words for saying that Jodo has the worst service. At present; Jodo has supplied me with superb service. You have proven that you will work with the customer and make every attempt to resolve their issues. I appologize for any strong words that I may have said and look forward to a continued relationship with JodoHost. I will post a tutorial on how to use this after I have developed my application.

Thank You,

Tonto

WOW!

I really think this is pretty unheard of in the web hosting business where a recommendation made on a forum is adopted. Yash -- kudos to you and your team for putting this together so quickly.

Okay -- I'm sold. I'll be graduating from the trial period -- it's this kind of service that really separates Jodo from the rest.

Tonto: glad we could come up with a solution that meets everyone's requirements. :)

Back