Yash, IP is wrong...

I appologize if that sounded rude Michael. I was just a bit tired and I didn't mean to sound rude

we found custom A records that were causing this issue. We tried recreating the DNS record via the HSphere DNS recreator tool, but that custom A record kept on showing up. We spent quite a few hours just looking at that problem. We paid PSOFT to look into it to and the problem ended up being from the reseller control panel

As far as the DNS issue goes, we did some extensive testing and found nothing wrong with the DNS record creation.

We'll look into MakHosting.com once again.

MAKhosting said:
Yash,
I understand that you would like to spend your time wisely and not on petty issues of mine, but that is your job as a support technician at Jodo. I would hope you take all issues of all clients seriously and not complain when it is something petty. Thanks for the help ;)

No that is incorrect. I'm here to help everyone on every issue, however petty it is. And I do take your problems and satisfaction very seriously, that is my role here. I know that your customers were affected by this thats why we take reseller issues more seriously.

SubSpace said:
Pretty much the same as my problem, but not entirely.

makhosting.com has two A records at the moment, it's consitent over both your nameservers:
Name: makhosting.com
Addresses: 66.235.181.49, 66.36.228.155

The records I need all resolve correctly for now, so I ain't touching anything that might get them out of whack again until the cause of this problem is resolved :(

The DNS record is still in his reseller account. He needs to delete it and ask us to recreate his zone.

Attachments

• dns.JPG
    dns.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 75
Yash,

I went to delete this record and it said "Internal Error, tech support was notified". Any suggestions?

However, when flushing my DNS cache. everything now works just fine. All domains work and my mail is back online. I dont know if the a record was the problem. It is still there and everything now works after flushing dns cache.

Let me know your thoughts. And I appologize as well about earlier. You're not the only one tired. lol. I was up untill the wee hours of the morning trying to get things fixed, not to mention clients calling with their issues. lol. anyways. let me know your thoughts on that error message.

I'll look into the internal server error

The double A record is technically not a problem because the correct A record appears on top of the incorrect A record. But anyhow, its better if its deleted.

Yash said:
I'll look into the internal server error

The double A record is technically not a problem because the correct A record appears on top of the incorrect A record. But anyhow, its better if its deleted.

Yes,

Agreed. But as the error apprears I cannot delete. thanks

MAKhosting said:
Let me know your thoughts. And I appologize as well about earlier. You're not the only one tired. lol. I was up untill the wee hours of the morning trying to get things fixed, not to mention clients calling with their issues. lol. anyways. let me know your thoughts on that error message.

I was pretty stressed out because of this DNS issue. I mean I have been through crashed servers, compromised systems, etc. but we have a full plan (which is practised) to bring up the servers. Recovery is a standard set of procedures.

The thing about this issue is that you have no idea whats going on. It takes alot of server detective work to figure that out. Hours and hours get wasted. That's what got me slightly annoyed when I realized you had created a faulty custom A record. You look back and say that was an incredible waste of time.. But once again, you are not to blame and I'm sorry. We should have looked into the control panel first thing.

Yash said:
I was pretty stressed out because of this DNS issue. I mean I have been through crashed servers, compromised systems, etc. but we have a full plan (which is practised) to bring up the servers. Recovery is a standard set of procedures.

The thing about this issue is that you have no idea whats going on. It takes alot of server detective work to figure that out. Hours and hours get wasted. That's what got me slightly annoyed when I realized you had created a faulty custom A record. You look back and say that was an incredible waste of time.. But once again, you are not to blame and I'm sorry. We should have looked into the control panel first thing.

Nah... business is business. I understand. no probs here... I plan to have a LOT of accounts over the year and I get really confused when I do not know what is goin gon either because right now, I am the support department. I have no resources to hire anyone. So when something global goes wrong (my fault or not :D ) My whole world turns upside-down. Anyways, I have one question... I get 15 control panels to allow for right? But can each cpanel account have unlimited domains? Also, when are we goin gto see ver2.4 of hsphere. its february... Just curious as you know I am the one most anticipating its arrival.

Back