Blackstone Released - When Will Jodo Upgrade?

No MX7 won't appear this week, it is more complex of an upgrade than some realize, the last thing we want is a super stable CF server to have DSN, Custom Tag, and other issues.

Other silly things that I did, in regards to MX7, was that I installed MX7 (which is nice) and I installed some windows updates and defragmented the hard drive on the same day without checking anything in between so I don't know what caused it... But I ended up not being able to log in to the CF administrator after that. I ended up not being able to connect to my SQL Server Developer Edition after that. I ended up losing my DNS:s (which in my case is nothing to speak of), but the extra time it took to reinstall everything took a good chunk out of the weekend. Enjoy! :D

I am particularly interested in the loosing DSNs portion, they are a nightmare in my experience. Even a backup of the neo-query.xml doesn't seem to work to restore sometimes, but it should, however it seems to have password errors (sometimes, not all).

Stephen said:
I am particularly interested in the loosing DSNs portion, they are a nightmare in my experience. Even a backup of the neo-query.xml doesn't seem to work to restore sometimes, but it should, however it seems to have password errors (sometimes, not all).
I'll post this question to one of my more technical CF lists and see if there are any suggestions for upgrading and contact you directly.

How's the testing going with CFMX 7...When will you be making it available?...It's been awhile since the testing began, what's the status?...........
:(

OK, just to make this official

You can expect CFMX 7 by late june or early july. PSOFT should have full support for it by then and we'd be 100% ready to roll out new CFMX 7 servers.

We won't be upgrading WinCF to CFMX 7 since testing for that has gone bad. However current customers can signup for new accounts on WinCF or have support migrate their current (which I won't recommend though)

We have seen too many problems in upgrades, we will most likely just have MX 7 on a different server, but we have no timeframe as there are still unresolved issues with it and Hsphere.

If CFMX is really badly needed, it would be best to look into a dedicated server, as there has been 0 progress from psoft on this front.

I am very interested in this as well. I am new to CF so I will not be needing any advanced features anytime soon. But since I am learning it, I am going to be learning 7, not an older technology.

Is this something Jodo is still actively pursuing or has it been placed on the "back burner?" If you are still pursuing CFMX7, do you have a timetable yet for implementation?

- Jussin

I am seconding Jussin's comment. Any thoughts on MX7 plans for Jodo host lately????

Jussin said:
I am very interested in this as well. I am new to CF so I will not be needing any advanced features anytime soon. But since I am learning it, I am going to be learning 7, not an older technology.

Is this something Jodo is still actively pursuing or has it been placed on the "back burner?" If you are still pursuing CFMX7, do you have a timetable yet for implementation?

- Jussin

I can't see anything happening before the end of October, even if we decide to go with a full manual rollout of CF on a new server. (By that I mean all DSN requests would need to be added via ticket system)

Please keep us posted!

Stephen said:
I can't see anything happening before the end of October, even if we decide to go with a full manual rollout of CF on a new server. (By that I mean all DSN requests would need to be added via ticket system)

Back