Status on integrated hsphere domain registration?

Another plus is that DirectI costs much less than Enom for starters and it's free when you signup as Jodo's reseller.

Yeah, I don't really care much about making money from domain sales in particular but like Dave said, it does attract customers since a lot of them want it all-in-one (at least most of mine do) they don't want to get their domain from Company A, their SSL Certs from Company B, and their hosting from Company C - most of them want to deal with one single company regarding everything when it comes to their web sites/applications. :D

personally id much rather have DirectI intergrated out of the two as thats wot i use,

if you intergrated eNom, i doubt id use it

also it depends how good the intergration is

i think for jodo (if possible) it'd be best if you intergrated both directi and enom to please everybody

but if its only possible for one then it maybe best to see which is most popular

i'd second what scotty 32 has said, i use directi, i am going to look into using the api, within my main secondary control panel i have created.

but if it was in H-sphere i would use that, aswell, not sure i would use enorm as i dont ave a creditcard , so use paypal with directi

Currently H-Sphere Supports following:

1. Enom.
2. AllDomains.
3. Opensrs.
4. Email registration, which is basically manual process. You customer fill-in domain registration info. You receive it and manually register it through domain registrar of your choice.

Multiple Domain Registrars are supported in current H-Sphere ver.

Well if multiple registrars are supported why not integrate DirectI and Enom?

If that is done, it would be possible to get a full signup script made so a customer can signup a new domain as well as webhosting all in one shot. Right now, both tasks are seperated for me :rolleyes:

we are pretty comfortable with directi too, at the moment we have over $16,000/year worth of domains registered with them.. Never had any issues with support or registration.

if you can have multiple domain registrars, wouldnt it make sense to offer all of them?

asuming they're stable and secure and wont course any issues

just to get a feel of how this would work...

if a customer tries to buy a domain name thru hsphere, (lets say with directi) would it create a new user for them based on there account email address?
and if so what would happen if they already had that username registered with your directi account?

and would it bill them thru hsphere or the directi CP?

I'm guessing it will create a new account for them since if they leave your company they should still be able to control their domain.

Atul said:
Currently H-Sphere Supports following:

1. Enom.
2. AllDomains.
3. Opensrs.
4. Email registration, which is basically manual process. You customer fill-in domain registration info. You receive it and manually register it through domain registrar of your choice.

Multiple Domain Registrars are supported in current H-Sphere ver.

Hi Atul,

I would love for you to implement option 4 - Email Registration.

This is similar to the method that I am using with one of my other hosting divisions.

Due to the nature of my hosting business I have accounts (and domains homed) with four different registrars, to give myself a resonable TLD coverage. In this situation a semi-manual registration method is the only one that works sucessfully.

At present I'm having to look at processing my HSphere customers via my other division, and then manually setting up their accounts here, simply because I cannot offer domain registration as part of the sign up process here.

The Email method also has the advantage that it will work for any reseller regardless of what registrar(s) they are using.

So, please consider setting up email registration as I really would like to send my high end customers directly to my CP here to sign-up.

Thanks,

Jon

Even am waiting for this.

I don't why the Support Reps are not replying much to this thread. Are they neglecting this thread ? ;)

I too need the Domain Email Registration Option. I don't think that could be hard to implement.

One of the few things I am clueless on, but I have make a note of this to Yash, Atul, and Ravi, hopefuly one of them can address it.

Dave96 said:
I read up some posts on psoft's forums about people having implemented DirectI with no issue...

Hmm.

But, I don't think JodoHost should have any problems activating Email Domain Registration. I don't think any tie up with anyone is required for enabling this.

Back