Has anybody requested any changes to Win5 server?

reptilecrazy said:
Yash,
Im sorry but the last time the banner issue happened was after the MSSQL move and we all got fast sites again, people will remember it well as you were fiddleing all day and we all had various restarts, no wonder people are loosing faith, as it seems to be a fact that Jodo will deny doing any wrong then it will occur days later that yes indeedy somebody did something without telling someone else and bingo problem fixed.

reptilecrazy, we did not change anything. I don't know what you mean by people losing faith in us because sometimes we are blamed for problems we are not involved in. And I was indeed not fiddling with Win5 about 2 weeks ago when you reported the problem first. We are working on ways to reduce bandwidth consumption and compression seemed as a viable method of increasing performance and reducing bandwidth usage. Compression had absolutely nothing to do with that error

If you try applying some logic here reptilecrazy, you'll understand how there is no way we can be involved. ASP is executing fine, javascript is executing fine, we tried restarting the server for you and putting you in high isolation mode

The only thing I can see is a coding error. if you want, I can pay someone to look into the banner script. But if it turns out to be coding related, I'll have to pass on the costs to you. Our standard rate is $50/hour.

The scripting is being looked at as we speak, i have also been asked to post this for you, as they believe the extra "c" is coming from your server.

HTTP/1.1 200 OK Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0 Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:36:11 GMT X-Powered-By: ASP.NET Connection: close Content-Length: 69055 Content-Type: text/html Set-Cookie: SOOP=LTVST=38077%2E3167939815; expires=Thu, 31-Mar-2005 12:36:10 GMT; path=/ Set-Cookie: ASPSESSIONIDCCTCACAB=IDPACIEBKDCPODMPBPDHHLMJ; path=/ Cache-control: private c <html> <head>

I do not think the header is outputted into IE. that "c" comes before the HTML tags

Additionally, I did some of my own tests and found that when I included a response.write "<br>" command, the "c" was shifted down

Definately coding related

Yash said:
I do not think the header is outputted into IE. that "c" comes before the HTML tags

Additionally, I did some of my own tests and found that when I included a response.write "<br>" command, the "c" was shifted down

Definately coding related

Nope code was gone over with a fine toothcomb by the soop team, that "c" did not appear anywhere, but as its now magically fixed i will now return to sorting out my mysterious skin issue, which i wont bother you with. (Yet)

Dear Yash,
Hi,
Here is the error:

In <!--#include file="functions/soop/functions_modules.asp" --> follwing file
<%

Function ArrangeColumn(intColumnToArrange)
Dim rsArrange, Module_Name, showToggle

%>

Error:

c<%
Function ArrangeColumn(intColumnToArrange)
Dim rsArrange, Module_Name, showToggle

%>

Best regards,
Deepak Tilloo

I paid this guy $50 to look into the error from my pocket. If you agree to these charges, I can put them on your account

Well that is very curious,
As i was having probs with modules yesterday i uploaded a fresh one of those, my clean copy is exactly the same as your guy has put (MINUS the "c"), the error actually turned out to be me (pilot error in adding which someone helped with) not the asp, which then all worked fine, it was around an hour or so later everything broke.
I didnt ask you to fix the coding i said it was being checked as we spoke, so now i'll have to add another 50 dollars to my bill, or do you perhaps think on this occassion that you could call that compensation for the horendous MS SQL lag most of us endured and the downtime with ASP errors!

reptilecrazy said:
It most certainly was not!

Someone put a C there intentionally to break your code then? :p
Files can get corrupted, but extra characters don't add themselves..

I agree that paying someone to have it fixed, without your consent is a bit awkward though. On the one hand it's obviously a user error, so it's not within JodoHost's responsability to fix for free, and you did ask them to fix it, but you were under the impression that it was JodoHost's fault, which it wasn't..

no it wasnt a user error,
That "c" never was and never had been there! the coding was checked this morning and the "c" wasnt there! By two different people.
A fresh install was made, untouched, and unaltered.

reptilecrazy said:
no it wasnt a user error,
That "c" never was and never had been there! the coding was checked this morning and the "c" wasnt there! By two different people.
A fresh install was made, untouched, and unaltered.

So someone was paid to remove something that you say wasn't there, and now it works. Doesn't make much sense, does it?
I'm not trying to be mean to you, but to be honest you're being more than a little stubborn here :(

Im sorry,
But at the end of the day, how many of us get the reply its your fault when indeed it turns out it is not?
Corrupted by what? Not by me, not a file i'd care to edit, as i wouldnt have a clue, so no not by me, corrupted in upload, nope again checked.
I have to say, was it corrupted by yet another server re-boot to be honest along with my skins files which hadnt been touched in any way!
I dont like complaining, but at the same time i will not be made to look a fool when in fact im not!

SubSpace said:
So someone was paid to remove something that you say wasn't there, and now it works. Doesn't make much sense, does it?
I'm not trying to be mean to you, but to be honest you're being more than a little stubborn here :(

Stubborn, you havnt even scratched the surface!
:evil:
Are you on the Jodo Staff? If not butt out!
If so then why dont u have server access then from time to time you'd actually beleive what people tell you!

Thats my last post on the matter, before i go into murder mode, i suppose it was also my fault for MS SQL lag, and downtime with ASP errors.
I suppose all DNS issues were down to me too, even though they didnt affect me, and jodo denighed everything, then ooooppppp oh yes sorry we had to do it manually, but no not our fault it was a fault in some component installed.
And while we're on that subject do conponents not get tested before installation or do they just cross fingers and pray to the magic fairy!

reptilecrazy said:
Are you on the Jodo Staff? If not butt out!
If so then why dont u have server access then from time to time you'd actually beleive what people tell you!

No, but this is a public forum, and you're using it to blame JodoHost for something they haven't done.. Yash even posted the offending code, including the 'c' here in this thread. Are you claiming he is lying, or that the person he hired to fix it is lying? What are you saying here?

i'm saying that the code did not look like that it was checked twice(by different people), i went over nigh on every file here,
Now as you've admitted to not being on staff, i'd appreciate that u butt out, unless that is your calling ME a liar? Your the one who has just called liar shots(not me), i'm just saying what happened.

Back