Has anybody requested any changes to Win5 server?

reptilecrazy, you still haven't given me the url of that other portal. That "other customer" has not even opened a ticket.

Unless you tell me who this customer is, or give me a link to that "other" portal, I will assume that you are lying. Sorry to say that

I'm getting sick and tired of your accusations and lack of understanding

Yash said:
I did a telnet and I never got that "c". Please read my above response. I pointed out a coding mistake that corrected the issue as soon as we correct that code. I really don't see how in anyway there could be any server issue

this is what I said:
I even did some of my own tests as well. I inserted a line break at several locations in the code. the "c" character moved down which clearly indicates the code was printing it. I even outlined what the exactly was the error... I don't know what doubt remains..

I don't understand by what logic this can be a server issue...

The doubt remains Yash that that was not the coding i looked at or checked.
Sorry but it just wasnt!
I'm not calling anyone a liar here, but i am stateing the facts!

Yash said:
reptilecrazy, you still haven't given me the url of that other portal. That "other customer" has not even opened a ticket.

Unless you tell me who this customer is, or give me a link to that "other" portal, I will assume that you are lying. Sorry to say that

I explained that in my last posting please read it, that does however explain why sometimes answers are confused just needs a re-read me thinks!

This was clearly coding reptilecrazy. No one has come up with an alternate explanation

And your mysterious friend doesn't seem to exist. Unless you give me the URL, I will assume you are lying and everyone I bet everyone else does to

Yash said:

LACK OF UNDERSTANDING< I HAVE HAD IT COMING OUT OF MY EARS I HAVE EVEN DEFENDED YOU< AND TAKEN FLACK< HOw DARE YOU>

Yash said:
This was clearly coding reptilecrazy. No one has come up with an alternate explanation

And your mysterious friend doesn't seem to exist. Unless you give me the URL, I will assume you are lying and everyone I bet everyone else does to
u beleive what u want!

reptilecrazy, as long as you don't support your claim, no one is going to believe you.

I praise Yash for actually sitting in here and hearing you out. I think you really should go to sleep and think it over.

reptilecrazy, I have nothing against you. i tried to help you out here. I paid someone to actually solve you problem. But all I get in return is accusations and insults

All I am asking is for the URL of the other soopportal so I can investigate. You haven't provided any logic how it could be server related

Just calm down and relax. Your site is working fine and I see no reason for you to continue to engage in this futile discussion

All I would have liked was some appreciation for going beyond what I am suppose to do. But since you think I don't deserve it, fine.

There was no coding error,
i am not posting on this any more, if was checked by someone other than myself, and not only that the original was referenced agasinst the bloody backup and read as right.
Listen u argue with yourself, i've had enough, hopefully the other person will soon be brave enough to come forward for himself, but that said he already has, so why not just check he site/ sites URL's or cant u even work that out without helpers.l :evil:
I defer to your obvious wisness, i obviouslt ommitted to observe the sun shines out of your bum and you can do no wrong, oh yeah apart from ***** about 50 dollars spent that you didnt have authorisation on anyhow, was that not my 50 dollars did i not say, the coding is being looked at! It was, it was fine, lots of portals are fine, 2 are not, they happen to be with you, and both went funny at the same time,. go figure!

Ron said:
reptilecrazy, as long as you don't support your claim, no one is going to believe you.

I praise Yash for actually sitting in here and hearing you out. I think you really should go to sleep and think it over.

Not bloody likely your all as thick as thieves here when things go wrong.

Ok, tell this imaginary "other person" of your's that I'll pay him $100 if he can be brave enough to submit a ticket or email me about the the imaginary issue he faced. That should be enough incentive. And what is he scared about? Why does he have to be "brave"? I have a sniper posted outside his house or what?? stop playing with everyone here please.

I think its pretty established that there was a coding mistake. Why are you on such an offensive. I mean you can just admit it and get it over with

This was the error:
-----------
In <!--#include file="functions/soop/functions_modules.asp" --> follwing file
<%

Function ArrangeColumn(intColumnToArrange)
Dim rsArrange, Module_Name, showToggle

%>

Error:

c<%
Function ArrangeColumn(intColumnToArrange)
Dim rsArrange, Module_Name, showToggle

%>
-----------

functions_module.asp was the file on the server that had the issue and we corrected it as outlined above. I paid another coder to correct it

These are plain and simple facts. Its very sad to see a customer for which you have gone out of your way to help lash out at you like this.

There was an error in your code. I as well as our entire team in JodoHost are telling you. This is the last thing I'm going to lie about. As soon as we corrected the code, your site went back online

ok just to update,
I have spocken direct to the guy i was talking to, it was a language misunderstanding, he actually was meaning my site, and he still has issues through propogation, for that misunderstanding i appologise!

All I'd now appreciate is that if you would accept that their could be a coding issue from your side and I can close this discussion off then..

Maybe your FTP client may have corrupted the file, or you may have uploaded a wrong one. I'm not blaming you. I'm just telling you there was no server issue and it was with your code.

reptilecrazy said:
Not bloody likely your all as thick as thieves here when things go wrong.

You really need a timeout, you just insulted everyone that posted in this thread.
If you want to keep claiming another portal was broken too, the least you can do is send the URL to Yash so he can check the filedate on the file in question, see if it was somehow edited, whatever.

What you're claiming has happened is just possible.

Okay i have read thoroughly the thread and am not impressed by the responses i have seen trying to shift blame from one to another.

with regards repcrazys coding for her portal i am very confused i used the very same portal and luckily after seeing this thread am hosted elsewhere i cannot see why accusations would be made for changes in code to return the c

I remember quite well the day the first errors occured on the portal and also remember a chat with repcrazy wondering what the problem was and the return response they have re booted everything should be fine!!!

yesterday i also msgd repcrazy regarding the skins and c on the portal
i am sorry to say this but in my opinion someone at jodo was playing with something they shouldnt to return the error as repcrazy says 2 portals same host same time same error too much of a coincidence to be pilot error on portal owners parts..
finally i am a little dismayed to see that a simple 5 min check of scripting has cost anybody $50 jeez i need that job i think

I'm not saying that Pam b purposely put the "c" character, but we did not. Nor has anyone been playing with the server

The fact is that the code pam had uploaded to the server was incorrect, it had an error. The person I hired charged $50/hour, whether it takes 5 minutes or an entire hour.

The fact is I went out of my way to correct a coding issue that is really not my problem. I even paid out of my wallet for it

Jays Reptile, we have administrators with immense experience. We DO NOT play with servers

Jays Reptiles said:
i am sorry to say this but in my opinion someone at jodo was playing with something they shouldnt to return the error as repcrazy says 2 portals same host same time same error too much of a coincidence to be pilot error on portal owners parts..

reptilecrazy withdrew that claim

Yash said:
I'm not saying that Pam b purposely put the "c" character, but we did not. Nor has anyone been playing with the server

The fact is that the code pam had uploaded to the server was incorrect, it had an error. The person I hired charged $50/hour, whether it takes 5 minutes or an entire hour.

The fact is I went out of my way to correct a coding issue that is really not my problem. I even paid out of my wallet for it

Jays Reptile, we have administrators with immense experience. We DO NOT play with servers

so by repcrazy uploading a virgin code to your server you are saying there is errors in the actual portal coding??? if this happens to be the case then surely every site running this portal will have the same errors??? I am sorry but that isnt the case i have installed the very same portal to my hosts and have not once encoutered such errors in coding.....

Let me repeat, I am not an idiot nor is the person who corrected the code

The one and only fact is that the file on the server had a synthax error.

I have been working with IIS for so many years. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY IIS could be causing this issue. No one but you and Pab believe that.

Yash said:
Let me repeat, I am not an idiot nor is the person who corrected the code

The one and only fact is that the file on the server had a synthax error.

I have been working with IIS for so many years. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY IIS could be causing this issue. No one but you and Pab believe that.

i am not trying to call anyone an idiot just trying to understand how a code error that doesnt appear on the same portal on other hosts can magically appear on a site on your servers the coding is the same no matter where it is uploaded to that is the only thing i am trying to suss out.

Back