Has anybody requested any changes to Win5 server?

I'm not going to lose my sleep over $50. If you really think that I derserve to pay for your coding mistake, fine. I did pay if you don't believe me:

------------------------------
Payment Details
------------------------------
Amount: $50.00 USD
Transaction ID: 5WD79734DC832472P

Thank you for using PayPal!

Sincerely,
The PayPal Team

1) I don't see how a "c" could have suddenly appeared in your source code unless you put it there.

2) the MSSQL lag was just a temporary issue. It did not cause any sites to go down but it caused them to load slower. We fixed this in record time

3) As for the ASP problem, its not like these things don't happen with other hosts. according to our SLA, you would have received a 20% refund for that problem.

4) Were you ever affected by the DNS issues? Very limited number of people were and they mostly were resellers

Yash, I need clarification !!

reptilecrazy said:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0 Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:36:11 GMT X-Powered-By: ASP.NET Connection: close Content-Length: 69055 Content-Type: text/html Set-Cookie: SOOP=LTVST=38077%2E3167939815; expires=Thu, 31-Mar-2005 12:36:10 GMT; path=/ Set-Cookie: ASPSESSIONIDCCTCACAB=IDPACIEBKDCPODMPBPDHHLMJ; path=/ Cache-control: private c <html> <head>

That "c" shouldnt be there for sure. Im not sure if this outputs to IE or not, as you said before. Im gonna test it.

As now the problem solved, your server doesnt response to the browser that "c" anymore. Now the header goes like this.
"path=/ Cache-control: private <html>" without the "c"

Now will you please tell me how you can modify that html header so I can test if that outputs or not.

As thinking logically; when the server responses the cache-control with an additional "c" there is a problem on the webpage. Now there is no problem on the webpage and the server doesnt response that additional "c" ?!?! What do you think about this?

Anyway, this is one of the major issues needs to be cleared. So please tell me how do you modify the header. I have already checked IIS Metabase and couldnt find it.

PS: As for the 50$; you should have wait for a confirmation before you had a go, which you did not.

thx

EDIT:

reptilecrazy was squarely putting the blame on us. She said there was nothing wrong with the code. I clearly told her there was and said we'd charge $50/hour. But she still persisted the issue was with us.

I'm not going to lose my sleep over $50. I am upset that she isn't paying because that is afterall my money. I am also upset that I've got just plain criticism for her own mistake.

I dont wanna be rude but you really started to sound funny.

I still do believe it was a server problem, and Im gonna test it further, so please re-read my post and inform me accordingly.

thx

hgurol said:
I still do believe it was a server problem, and Im gonna test it further, so please re-read my post and inform me accordingly.

It was absolutely not a server problem. I just paid an ASP programmer who I know very well to fix it. I outlined what the problem was... it was a plain and simply coding error

As far as the "header" thing goes, when I tested it myself, I never got that extra "c" before or after the issue. Nor does any other site on the server return that

I've spent 3 hours on this thread now, I need to get back to other work

Im not apparently the only one Yash,
Somebody else has just reported the same to me, and are hosted by you. Again it has myteriously dissapearded, without there doing!
They are doing more testing and fact finding before they blow there stack like i am.
So thats two sites then is it, same problem, not your fault, same typos by 2 people on asp's thats are perfect, go figure, i'll wake up in the morning no doubt and it will have all been an odd dream.
Or would the smarter money go on somebody doing something they shouldnt have, and it mucking up some peoples coding! (hell i dont know how, but i know i didnt touch it, it was perfect and same for this guy)
I didnt ask for confirmation on wether u had paid, it, frankly i didnt ask for it at all, it wasnt my fault, i wont have the blame shoved onto me, especially now that somebody else has the same prob.

Who is this other guy reptilecrazy?
It could be a coding error with soopportal.com for all I know. But I'm not responsible for that

The file that you had uploaded to the server had a coding error. I paid an ASP programmer with 5 years of experience to look into your issue and he took 5 minutes to locate it

And I find you accusing me of messing up your file shocking

Did i give you written permissions to go ahead Yash, I clearly said the coding was being looked at as we speak. What part of that did you not understand, you did not have my authorisation, and you canot legally charge me for it, yes i beleive it is your error, as clearly somebody else does too. You will not slip and slide out of this one, and an appology is due i think!

Yash said:
Who is this other guy reptilecrazy?
It could be a coding error with soopportal.com for all I know. But I'm not responsible for that

The file that you had uploaded to the server had a coding error. I paid an ASP programmer with 5 years of experience to look into your issue and he took 5 minutes to locate it

And I find you accusing me of messing up your file shocking

Dont make me laugh, 2 portals, getting the exact same error at the exact same time, when all the scripts show clean coding, now that is a good one Yash.

Great, so now I appologize for your coding error for which I paid $50?

No one except you thinks this is a server issue. It was plain and simply with your code. I already showed you the error

reptilecrazy said:
Dont make me laugh, 2 portals, getting the exact same error at the exact same time, when all the scripts show clean coding, now that is a good one Yash.

give me the URL of that guy.. You skipped that question

reptilecrazy, you really owe an appology to Yash. He solved your issue, paid the bill and now you are blaming him?

He is definately not an idiot.

reptilecrazy said:
Did i give you written permissions to go ahead Yash, I clearly said the coding was being looked at as we speak. What part of that did you not understand, you did not have my authorisation, and you canot legally charge me for it, yes i beleive it is your error, as clearly somebody else does too. You will not slip and slide out of this one, and an appology is due i think!

No, I only asked that guy to look at the issue after you said soopportal had already investigated and found nothing and after you were repeatedly asserting it was a server issue

I'm tired of this. You got $50 from me, happy? The worst part is that you are putting the blame on me for your coding issue

Re: Yash, I need clarification !!

hgurol said:
Now will you please tell me how you can modify that html header so I can test if that outputs or not.

Even if the Cache-control header included a "c", that wouldn't end up on the webpage itself (I even tested it just in case it was a bug shared by IE, Opera and Firefox..)

reptilecrazy didn't post the headers including newlines, or it would have shown the 'c' was not actually in the header part, but just in front of the <html> tag. If you want you can check it yourself using Response.CacheControl = "private c".

Anyway, for whatever reason a 'c' did get in that file, and it got removed, fixing the problem. There's no webserver issue..

Re: Yash, I need clarification !!

SubSpace said:
Even if the Cache-control header included a "c", that wouldn't end up on the webpage itself (I even tested it just in case it was a bug shared by IE, Opera and Firefox..)

reptilecrazy didn't post the headers including newlines, or it would have shown the 'c' was not actually in the header part, but just in front of the <html> tag. If you want you can check it yourself using Response.CacheControl = "private c".

Anyway, for whatever reason a 'c' did get in that file, and it got removed, fixing the problem. There's no webserver issue..

I even did some of my own tests as well. I inserted a line break at several locations in the code. the "c" character moved down which clearly indicates the code was printing it. I even outlined what the exactly was the error... I don't know what doubt remains..

Yash said:
Great, so now I appologize for your coding error for which I paid $50?

No one except you thinks this is a server issue. It was plain and simply with your code. I already showed you the error

so amI not counted as someone. I also dont believe that you have ever checked the html headers !?

hgurol said:
so amI not counted as someone. I also dont believe that you have ever checked the html headers !?

I did a telnet and I never got that "c". Please read my above response. I pointed out a coding mistake that corrected the issue as soon as we correct that code. I really don't see how in anyway there could be any server issue

this is what I said:
I even did some of my own tests as well. I inserted a line break at several locations in the code. the "c" character moved down which clearly indicates the code was printing it. I even outlined what the exactly was the error... I don't know what doubt remains..

I don't understand by what logic this can be a server issue...

I don't understand how this can be server related either...
And I don't think Yash is an idiot when he is asserting it is not. He has always been upfront when there is a problem, and he is pretty firm when saying there wasn't any problem in this occasion

2 portals same issue, Both running for months!
Funny that aint it, perhaps we both typed in unison our wrong "c"'s in exactly the same .asp
Both with perfect files when checked, and or course Jodo never try to wriggle free of any situation, Yash forget about your 50 dollors mate, there was nothing wrong with the code,and i never asked or gave permission so notch it up as one of those moments to be silent, did this guy also correct this other guys code, no im not gonna give u a URL if he wants to he will, not summat thats upto me, i'll fight my battle he can fight his own.
Well the age of the customer is always right is well and truely dead, in fact the age of 2 customers is well and truely dead,
by the way, are you gonna explaine then how all my skin files are totally wayward, nah forget it, i wouldnt want u to waste another 50 dollors to your expert asp coder who u got in in like 20 mins, wow that was handy!
The better solution would be to get rid of the staff there that dont pull wight and actually employ someone that can, and not only that but beleives in testing new components in a non live environment!

Ron said:
I don't understand how this can be server related either...
And I don't think Yash is an idiot when he is asserting it is not. He has always been upfront when there is a problem, and he is pretty firm when saying there wasn't any problem in this occasion
Yeah like no we have no DNS Issues, for days, then opppps sorry yup it got screwed in conversion not our fault it was a fault in the programme, bottom line, somebody has an issue, did they not look and see the error!
And NO IT WAS NOT MY FAULT.

Back